Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ignore all my foolish previous posts about him, playing against weaker opponents always makes you able to look good.

As a big fan of Berrettini, its a question I'm willing to ask. I thought he had a big game - which he does (against weaker opponents) - but truth be told once the opponent steps up hes 2nd best.

Ignore all that my foolish Medvedev stuff. Berrettini is the worst player to ever make the finals.

He will raise his game and be remembered as a multiple 250 winner, but also the worst player ever to make the top 8.

·
Banned
3,297 Posts
I’d say Carreno Busta is the worst since he got destroyed in all his matches whereas Berrettini only lost badly once and actually won a match as well. Plus, Pushreno Mugsta is one of the most boring awful players ever to make top 10 if not the worst and he had absolutely no business making the WTF finals.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’d say Carreno Busta is the worst since he got destroyed in all his matches whereas Berrettini only lost badly once and actually won a match as well. Plus, Pushreno Mugsta is one of the most boring awful players ever to make top 10 if not the worst and he had absolutely no business making the WTF finals.
He didnt make the top 8 though. Not a bad suggestion but i have PCB beating Berrettini 6-3 6-2. I can imagine that. Berrettini with a big serve to make it 6-3 5-2 and the commentantor says 'thats a big serve from Berrettini. He really needed that!'.

Then PCB holds to love to end the match.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Is umbrellapub the worst poster ever to lose money betting on Berrettini!?

Injuries happen. Please stop embarrassing yourself.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is umbrellapub the worst poster ever to lose money betting on Berrettini!?

Injuries happen. Please stop embarrassing yourself.
You test my patience. While i do have a bet here and there, its when the price differs big time from my own one. I actually wanted to bet on Berrettini but it would have required odds of +1,95 or more.

His odds: https://www.oddsportal.com/tennis/w...ritz-taylor-harry-berrettini-matteo-KQlLJJ3J/

edit: to everyone sending me PMs to ignore hardcoar: he is a humble lad and I wont ignore him. While he is not that bright; he tries his best and I respect that.

·
King Of Tennis
3,664 Posts
He's only 23, finished 2018 outside the top fifty and then finished 2019 in the top eight. But yes, let's diminish this achievement rather than celebrate it.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He's only 23, finished 2018 outside the top fifty and then finished 2019 in the top eight. But yes, let's diminish this achievement rather than celebrate it.
Doesnt answer the question. Is Matteo Berrettini the worst player ever to make the ATP finals?

·
King Of Tennis
3,664 Posts
Who do you have?
I'd say Ljubicic in 2005 was pretty weak. Slam record was R2, R1, R1 & R3. 3-4 W/L record for the year. Basically qualified by virtue of making the finals of Madrid/Paris at the tail end of the season in depleted fields. Berrettini reaching R4 at Wimbledon and SF at the US Open (where it took Federer and Nadal to stop him) is clearly superior to that. Tsitsipas beat him at the Australian Open too, so really his only bad loss in the slams this year was to Ruud in Paris.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'd say Ljubicic in 2005 was pretty weak. Slam record was R2, R1, R1 & R3. Basically qualified by virtue of making the finals of Madrid/Paris at the tail end of the season. Berrettini reaching R4 at Wimbledon and SF at the US Open (where it took Federer and Nadal to stop him) is clearly superior to that. Tsitsipas beat him at the Australian Open too, so really his only bad loss in the slams this year was to Ruud in Paris.
Sorry I meant the worst player in general. Careerwise. Overall. Ability. Potential. Not about the season they had to reach the finals.

You posted a player who destroyed Djokovic, Nadal and Roddick to win a masters.

·
King Of Tennis
3,664 Posts
Sorry I meant the worst player in general. Careerwise. Overall. Ability. Potential. Not about the season they had to reach the finals.

You posted a player who destroyed Djokovic, Nadal and Roddick to win a masters.
Well, maybe wait until Berrettini's career is over before starting this thread? Not really sure what point you're trying to prove. Basically you're counting career achievements for the other players but with Berrettini only his results up to him as a 23 year old factor in. You see how dumb that is?

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, maybe wait until Berrettini's career is over before starting this thread? Not really sure what point you're trying to prove. Basically you're counting career achievements for the other players but with Berrettini only his results up to him as a 23 year old factor in. You see how dumb that is?
Never mind i just looked up Ljubicic's 2005 and compared it to Berrettini's 2019. Man you truly tricked me. I got fooled. I admit that. Berrettini will never have a season like Ljubicic in 2005.

Whats the point of asking anything as of now with your way? Why not wait til 2080 when everything is settled? Its funny because youre the one creating the 'as of now' -topics :D

1 - 20 of 55 Posts