Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
33,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was absolutely ridiculous today in the Janowicz vs Dimitrov match. Making over exagerrated overrules, hogging camera time and just generally being egotistical. I think he is a good umpire but this acting like a superstar shit has got to stop. Umpires are there to enforce the rules not steal all the limelight, and I am tired of Lahyani acting like a big shot.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Agree but he is at least one of best, would be bad if he would suck and still would be the one overruliong all the time and being how you called superstar:D

·
Registered
57,606 Posts
He was fine today in that match. Should have overruled that one ball in the last game but otherwise was very good, overruled a lot of bad calls and gave a deserved time violation.

·
Registered
33,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He was fine today in that match. Should have overruled that one ball in the last game but otherwise was very good, overruled a lot of bad calls and gave a deserved time violation.
Yes but he is ott with his mannerisms and tries to take the attention from players.

·
Registered
22,412 Posts
he's still dazed and confused after sitting out in the sun for so long during that Wimbledon 2010 Isner/Mahut match.

·
Registered
163 Posts
He nearly gave me a heart attack in last night Nole Simon pushfest with veeery loud STOP, and that's the only thing keeping me awake :rolls:

·
Registered
22,412 Posts
Your first post in GM which isn't related to Canada. :worship:
not even close actually. I'd say I'm about half and half.

I can relate this to Canada if you'd like though. Layhani told me to shutup Rogers Cup 2012 when Monaco was playing Pospisil and I was calling Monaco out on his blatent coaching when nobody else would.

It worked Layhani told Monaco to tell his coach to shutup :)

But Vasek still lost in straights :sad:

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
I never said I disliked him, I am just annoyed with him trying to be the centre of attention with loud overrules etc
he's just like that, i think he might be gay.

I think his mannerism, his way of saying "fifteeeeeeeeeeNnnuh" and stuff like that are kinda his copyright :D

1 - 20 of 69 Posts