Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Your visions will happen
49,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Filip Krajinovic played great this weekend. Beat Djokovic, 2-0 h2h now, played very tight 3 setter vs Thiem in the finals, only played 1 bad game really and that was that.

But is Krajinovic on the level of a top 5 favorite for RG? Obviously Nadal is #1, Djoko/Thiem are 2 and 3 in whatever order.

But after that? I don't trust the likes of Tsitsipas (yet), Medvedev (on clay), or Zverev (ever/anywhere). So why not Krajinovic?

·
Banned
3,274 Posts
Hell no he isn't. I'd say the favourites are Djokovic, Nadal, Thiem, Zverev, and maybe Tsitsipas.

·
Registered
59,363 Posts
Nadal Thiem Djokovic Zverev Tsitsipas Medvedev Wawrinka (Fognini is out right?) Monfils FAA Schwartzman..... then maybe Krajinovic. Close with Lajovic, RBA, Nishikori, Cilic.

·
Registered
11,853 Posts
He is good, but not even top 15 favourite when it comes to Roland Garros or any slam. He needed 5 sets to beat Carballes Baena last year.

·
Banned
3,274 Posts
Nadal probably deserves the status as overall favourite because of his past accomplishments on the clay; however, I think Djokovic's mental edge over him would prove decisive. Nadal fears Djokovic, and nobody matches up better against Nadal than Djokovic.

I love Thiem, but the one-handed backhand is a problem. Sustaining what is needed against Nadal over a Bo5 on clay may be impossible. The only player who has all the requirements necessary to beat Nadal in a Bo5 at Roland Garros is Djokovic.

·
Registered
17,828 Posts
Cmon dude, will he make the 4R? Lets see

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
He’s certainly more so than Doublefaultrev. Idk how you people can think Zverev is a favorite when he hasn’t even come close to winning a slam and while he made semis at AO this year, his draw was a joke.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Most sites dont even have him as an option for the title. And they do have alot names such as Tomic and Bemelmans :D

So no.

·
9,637 Posts
Good player. Never judge from an exho. He will get to r3 or 4 with a good draw

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Since when is Tsitsipas or Zverev top 5 to win RG , haha , you guys...

Edit: This new tour should have healthy Delpo , Murray and Nishikori who are , should , will be all ahead of them

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Why top 5? He is probably the biggest favorite to win the CYGS

·
Registered
17,967 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts