Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
An Australian Daniel Guccione served 226 km in the 1st round of the juniors. He will be 16 for one month.
Average of his first serve was 202m, while average of second was 171. Average of Federer first on this tournament is 190, while second is 150. Same is with Tsonga, actually his 2nd is below 140.
One other Australian kid, Jay Andrijić, served 209km one ball while his averages like Federer's. He won only 2 games in his match. Averages and fastest serve of others juniors were normal.
Both matches held on court 6 yesterday, at 22nd of January.

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/scores/stats/day12/9107ms.html

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/scores/stats/day12/9128ms.html

·
Registered
12,123 Posts
Re: Is it true that an 15 year odl kid can serve 226 km!!!????

An Australian, Cris Guccione served 226 km in the 1st round of the juniors. He will be 16 for one month.
Average of his first serve was 202m, while average of second was 171. Average of Federer first on this tournament is 190, while second is 150. Same is with Tsonga, actually his 2nd is below 140.
One other Australian kid, Jay Andrijić, served 209km one ball while his averages like Federer's. He won only 2 games in his match. Averages and fastest serve of others juniors were normal.
Both matches held on court 6 yesterday, at 22nd of January.

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/scores/stats/day12/9107ms.html

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/scores/stats/day12/9128ms.html
it's Daniel Guccione : is he Chris's brother ?

·
Registered
17,271 Posts

colour me unsurprised

daniel guccione has the GOAT genes. expect big things from him to continue the mighty GOOCH legacy

·
Registered
12,123 Posts

I wonder because it was on the same court.

I saw Berdych serve 334 km/h during Hopman Cup ... and he didn't even care :lol:

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I wonder because it was on the same court.

I saw Berdych serve 334 km/h during Hopman Cup ... and he didn't even care :lol:
They didn't count serves speed of that court today. They did till today, and all was normal (for Chela and some others pro players and juniors) except these two guys.

·
Registered
19,278 Posts
The biggest fail is that he got broken 4 times and lost the match :lol:

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
if the kid is tall than its no surprise:shrug:

if the kid isnt than...........O_O yea...
I don't know how tall he is. There is no any information on ITF or ATP how high he is. But I watched his pictures, he is high and strong. I think he has more than 190 cm.
However, he is just 15.

·
Registered
23,908 Posts
I don't know how tall he is. There is no any information on ITF or ATP how high he is. But I watched his pictures, he is high and strong. I think he has more than 190 cm.
However, he is just 15.
well its still impressive to me because of the age thats for sure i wont lie about that, it sounds like hes taller than 6 feet thats for sure. And i jus looked it up hes 6"2', which is amazing really.

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well its still impressive to me because of the age thats for sure i wont lie about that, it sounds like hes taller than 6 feet thats for sure. And i jus looked it up hes 6"2', which is amazing really.
Yea, on some pictures he looks 180 or more on some other 190 or more.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Can someone explain to me why all the serve speeds are so slow this tourney?
E.g. Karlovic's fastest serve against Feds was 211 kmh. WTF.
Fed's fastest against Tomic was 206 k, del Potro's fastest against Kohli was 209 k.

I saw some faster ones from Berdych and Tsonga, but seems to be pretty slow serving. Heavy ball? Wind / sun? Radar gunz?

·
Registered
23,908 Posts
Fed's fastest against Tomic was 206 k, del Potro's fastest against Kohli was 209 k.

I saw some faster ones from Berdych and Tsonga, but seems to be pretty slow serving. Heavy ball? Wind / sun? Radar gunz?
I think even slow serves seems much faster than the fast serves because ive seen alot of those in this tournament.

·
Registered
11,996 Posts

Medium Pace Plexicushion surface + heavier balls that fluff up quickly (after 2 games) = slower peak serve and slower avg. serves, and a bit lower bounce than the usual rather high bounce expected on this surface.

Respectfully,
masterclass

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
The speed of serve is measured before the ball lands on the court so I don´t think surface or bounce has an influence on it...heavier balls sounds legit.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts