Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's unbelievable that Federer and Nadal never played each other in the US Open.
They were so close last year, but federer lost to robredo.

US Open 2014 draw must ensure they are in the same half, so they play each other.

I think this is the right time, else we may never see them play in the US Open.

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
I think if Nadal makes a few adjustments to his game, and perhaps coaching staff, he's got a good chance on Fed's second best surface.

·
Registered
8,565 Posts
Roger in 3 no contest

·
Registered
8,950 Posts

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
I'd only want to see them play each other if Federer was actually in good form. Otherwise we all know he would just get destroyed as usual. If he continues to play like he did in Wimbledon then it would be a good match to see.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
NO!!. Dull has tortured fed enough times already

·
The Last Mohican
24,521 Posts
By now, it's painfully obvious that Nadullards have become the fans they apparently "despised".

Most Nadulltards now are most certainly gloryhunters of the highest order. You don't care about an epic slam final, you don't care about the fans entertainment, you don't care that Roger is only about 25% of his prime level, you just want Dull to sink his teeth into another crying trophy.

The fact is that it was already extremely difficult for Roger to defeat Dull off clay, because the match-up advantage pretty much defines the "rivalry" in every surface except low-bouncing indoor courts, or decently maintained fast grass courts (so Wimbledon of recent times, e.g. 2008 is not included).

So take the fact that Dull got extremely lucky with his match-up advantage, with Rogers age being 33 (!) and this does not bode well for a good entertaining slam final. What will transpire is Dull grunting loudly while muscling the ball high into Federer's BH. Sure it will entertain the gloryhunters and the casuals, but for the real tennis fans - it is an incredibly boring, tedious match-up and GS final prospect.

If Federer even reached the USO final and lost to Dull, it would only prove that Federer was great enough at 25% of peak level to beat a much younger field. As for Dull winning this hypothetical final, he doesn't deserve any praise because he proved nothing except his extraordinary luck. If he didn't beat Novak, then he proves nothing at all. Because Dull's lucky match-up advantage will see him through in 3 or 4 sets.

The way I see it, success = talent + drive + luck

Roger Federer - 10/10T + 10/10D + 3/10L
Dull - 5/10T + 10/10D + 10/10L

So no, I would not like to see this final.

·
Bunned!
3,050 Posts
By now, it's painfully obvious that Nadullards have become the fans they apparently "despised".

Most Nadulltards now are most certainly gloryhunters of the highest order. You don't care about an epic slam final, you don't care about the fans entertainment, you don't care that Roger is only about 25% of his prime level, you just want Dull to sink his teeth into another crying trophy.

The fact is that it was already extremely difficult for Roger to defeat Dull off clay, because the match-up advantage pretty much defines the "rivalry" in every surface except low-bouncing indoor courts, or decently maintained fast grass courts (so Wimbledon of recent times, e.g. 2008 is not included).

So take the fact that Dull got extremely lucky with his match-up advantage, with Rogers age being 33 (!) and this does not bode well for a good entertaining slam final. What will transpire is Dull grunting loudly while muscling the ball high into Federer's BH. Sure it will entertain the gloryhunters and the casuals, but for the real tennis fans - it is an incredibly boring, tedious match-up and GS final prospect.

If Federer even reached the USO final and lost to Dull, it would only prove that Federer was great enough at 25% of peak level to beat a much younger field. As for Dull winning this hypothetical final, he doesn't deserve any praise because he proved nothing except his extraordinary luck. If he didn't beat Novak, then he proves nothing at all. Because Dull's lucky match-up advantage will see him through in 3 or 4 sets.

·
Registered
8,950 Posts

We should chip in and get you these Fed pajamas :yawn:
Made of plush polyster which can absorb your tears as you're falling asleep.

http://www.cafepress.ca/+roger_blanket_1_footed_pajamas,1052365870

·
The Last Mohican
24,521 Posts
Federer is not 33. And he will not be 34 during the U.S. Open, either.
33 at the time of USO F 2014. My mistake.

Why bitter? I'm just saying what neutral tennis fans would think about this final prospect. Dull would win because of his match-up advantage. We know this. Bitter doesn't play a part in my post.

We should chip in and get you these Fed pajamas :yawn:
Made of plush polyster which can absorb your tears as you're falling asleep.

http://www.cafepress.ca/+roger_blanket_1_footed_pajamas,1052365870
:confused:

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
Federer is Nadal's Roddick.

·
Banned
9,577 Posts
If Nadal beats Fed at USO 2014 final that would be the final nail in Fed's GOAT status

1 - 20 of 83 Posts