Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
God Bless Andy Roddick for being the clown that he is in interviews and all. I'll be the first to acknowledge it's fun when players adventures themself and dont just offer us the usuall "I'm eager to play" B.S. when being interviewed.

That being said.....I notice that, Roddick's witty remarks often imply that if it wasn't for Federer, he'd be winning every other tournament!!!!...

Well....SOrry man, but....u've been loosing to pretty much everybody in the last 2 or 3 years (even after the Connor'S resurgence) !!!!

He's always like..."Fed keeps bringing is best game when playing against me....darn it!"...and now the new "Federer is sick, now i can make my move" speach.

I mean...does he think he stands a chance against a Nadal late in a tournament, a motivated Nalbandian, an inspired Murray? Hope not....cause he's gonna be utterly desapointed.

You just dont have it in you man!!! Just keep serving well, hope for the best, and last but not least....show some respect

P

·
Registered
17,866 Posts
Please provide specific quotes. Thanks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Please provide specific quotes. Thanks.
I dont have any specific quotes....well i might find some, but i DO have other things to do than surfing the web for hours to satisfy your rigourous mind, my friend (for a tennis board anyway)

I remember his USOpen 07 defeat post-match interview being very "it sucks that Federer exists" driven....which states my point : how about davydenko in the semis and Djokovic in the finals...? Feeling cocky ANdy?

Same thing in his Ausopen 07 quarters interview. And a lot of other instances....

Roddick always talks about Federer as being this superior Antity....while he owes to the rest of the top 10 players just as much respect.

P

·
Premium Member
9,871 Posts
:haha: Thanks for my laugh of the day setrg. :)

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Lets face it, Andy lost to Roger in two of the GS last year, and if Gasquet hasn't decided to find his backhand and the talent we know he have, Roger would have beat him in the Q of Wimby, as well.

So he has a good case, the only argument against it is how badly he did on IW and Miami, when Roger was out early. This was his big chance for some tournaments, and he missed it.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I don't know what you're going on about it!? It is hilarious how p-mac and the Amerikkkan tennis press totally fluffed his season last year.

·
Registered
17,866 Posts
No quotes, no argument. But have fun. :wavey:

Reactions: scoobs

·
Registered
69 Posts
I dont have any specific quotes....well i might find some, but i DO have other things to do than surfing the web for hours to satisfy your rigourous mind, my friend (for a tennis board anyway)

I remember his USOpen 07 defeat post-match interview being very "it sucks that Federer exists" driven....which states my point : how about davydenko in the semis and Djokovic in the finals...? Feeling cocky ANdy?

Same thing in his Ausopen 07 quarters interview. And a lot of other instances....

Roddick always talks about Federer as being this superior Antity....while he owes to the rest of the top 10 players just as much respect.

P
Uh, the SOP is that when you're throwing charges or alleging a player has said something, you provide the quote and the source. You don't get to put allegations about a player out in a public forum with no proof and say you're too lazy to look for it :rolleyes:.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I don't remember Andy claiming that in 2007. In fact I don't think he even said that in 2006. I believe the poster is going back to 2005 and at that point the statement was absolutely true. Roger was Andy's main rival back then and the only person blocking him from winning Slams. get over it. It's ancient history and Andy is perfectly in touch with reality.

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
God Bless Andy Roddick for being the clown that he is in interviews and all. I'll be the first to acknowledge it's fun when players adventures themself and dont just offer us the usuall "I'm eager to play" B.S. when being interviewed.

That being said.....I notice that, Roddick's witty remarks often imply that if it wasn't for Federer, he'd be winning every other tournament!!!!...

Well....SOrry man, but....u've been loosing to pretty much everybody in the last 2 or 3 years (even after the Connor'S resurgence) !!!!

He's always like..."Fed keeps bringing is best game when playing against me....darn it!"...and now the new "Federer is sick, now i can make my move" speach.

I mean...does he think he stands a chance against a Nadal late in a tournament, a motivated Nalbandian, an inspired Murray? Hope not....cause he's gonna be utterly desapointed.

You just dont have it in you man!!! Just keep serving well, hope for the best, and last but not least....show some respect

P
Yes...thanks for that. :confused:

·
Registered
191 Posts
I don't remember Andy claiming that in 2007. In fact I don't think he even said that in 2006. I believe the poster is going back to 2005 and at that point the statement was absolutely true. Roger was Andy's main rival back then and the only person blocking him from winning Slams. get over it. It's ancient history and Andy is perfectly in touch with reality.
hahahaha, what? You have to win more than one match for it to be rivalry.
U S A U S A

·
Registered
22,082 Posts
setrg learn the fact lose and loose are two different words, thanks.

·
F***ing have it
17,638 Posts
His ranking shows it. He's not wolrd number two anymore. And being focused on JesusFed has hurt him a lot

·
Registered
596 Posts
I have never thought Roddick was anywhere near GOAT material, but the amount of time he has remained in the top ten implies that hes quite a player.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
hahahaha, what? You have to win more than one match for it to be rivalry.
U S A U S A
Not necessarily true. You can consistently make it to the finals regardless of who wins for it to be a decent rivalry. It's a better rivalry if the outcome is not a forgone conclusion, I agree. But I'm sure that Federer doesn't dismiss Andy as easily as you do when he is facing him across the net.

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
Not necessarily true. You can consistently make it to the finals regardless of who wins for it to be a decent rivalry. It's a better rivalry if the outcome is not a forgone conclusion, I agree. But I'm sure that Federer doesn't dismiss Andy as easily as you do when he is facing him across the net.
Nope, he is just laughing at him, (TMC 2007).:haha:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts