Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 206 Posts

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Their commentators alone make me think blissfully of the days of P-Mac. :scared:

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I was watching today and was absolutely bored to tears. The commentators had nothing interesting to say plus they couldn't even get their facts right half the time. The picture was terrible too. ESPN has lost a lot of my respect for dropping these tournaments.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Well, you're lucky to have coverage at all. FSN isn't showing the tournament in my region, so I'm relying on live streams where the ball is sometimes barely visible.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea, my area gets 4 hours of coverage, tape delay from midnight to 4am lol.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
I'd rather listen to P-Mac & Dick Enberg for 24 hours straight than watch the crap FSN is putting out.
Wow. :eek: It's that bad? I think I'd throw myself in front of a train before I listed to Dick Enberg for 24 hours straight.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maybe once the Master's cup moves next year and the coverage hours are more normal they can get a package together that ESPN will pick up again.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
It really is. It's a sorry affair.
Well, I guess I don't feel too bad about missing it then. :lol:

But I'm still wondering why the Tennis Channel didn't pick this tournament up. I mean, it's one of the biggest events outside the slams, and it's relegated to FSN when there's a channel devoted entirely to tennis that could be showing it? :confused:

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
It was HORRIBLE, I was expecting it to be live at least. It was crap, I never thought I'd be wishing ESPN had the coverage. And yes the commentating was dreadful, they sounded bored themselves :eek:

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

But I'm still wondering why the Tennis Channel didn't pick this tournament up. I mean, it's one of the biggest events outside the slams, and it's relegated to FSN when there's a channel devoted entirely to tennis that could be showing it? :confused:
I wish I got the Tennis Channel :bigcry:

I can't even order it.
Same here. I live near you maybe :hearts: ?
Are you a proud resident of the fine state of New Jersey?

·
Banned
70,903 Posts

its sickening at best. i am doing away with the tennis channel after the French Open. its a damn joke as far as i am concerned.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Don't worry btw TTC is not that good. But I agree it's better than nothing. I remember everyone around me hyped up tennis channel like it was the best thing ever but so far it's pretty disappointing when it comes to big tournament coverage. I remember when I spent the summer in Serbia there was this channel called Sport Klub and they showed like every tournament. Slam coverage was awesome and when the Serbian players played, you could see their matches on like 3 different channels. If they were playing at the same time, you could see 3 different matches at once. They would show tennis (Wimbledon) from noon to 7 p.m. Also there was a Croatian channel where you could watch the Croatian players play. Although it was just Ljubicic in his first round match. Also, they showed Umag and had great coverage from Montreal and the women's tournament that ran that same week. They showed many small tournaments too. And this channel was just a sports channel, tennis channel is supposed to be all about tennis. I'm sick of seeing so much of the Bryans brothers and Sam Querry. Also Destination tennis and all that other crap. The No Strings episodes wouldn't be so bad if they didn't keep rerunning the same ones all the time and Center Court sucks.

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Wow sounds like tennis on TV heaven there Nina :yeah:

Totally agree about the TTC re-running of the same shows. What I don't understand is they really have MANY Center Court and No Strings episodes but they re-show the same 10 episodes over and over and over :rolleyes:

·
Registered
70,027 Posts
Gimelstob isn't bad, but that other guy was horrendous. Chanda Rubin is a pretty horrible commentator, too. It was also hard to see the ball.

Don't worry btw TTC is not that good. But I agree it's better than nothing. I remember everyone around me hyped up tennis channel like it was the best thing ever but so far it's pretty disappointing when it comes to big tournament coverage.
Agreed. It's nice to have it when they have coverage, but for the most part it's a bit of a letdown.

·
Mom 2 2 Beauties
11,927 Posts
We don't get FSN here but our "local" Comcast SportsNet picked up the feed (thanks, Fee, for the heads up that it might occur). But alas, the coverage is bad. Sound, not to mention commentary, is awful...picture isn't much better. I kept waiting for replays or challenges so I could actually see the ball. Fell asleep on it. Bah.

BUT, it's better than nothing, I suppose. On the other hand, maybe I shoulda just hung out in OOP here on MTF. :lol:

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
At least you have FSN....

I have the TTC and ESPN, and I can't watch it on ether. I have no idea why they dropped it.

·
Registered
22,082 Posts
I couldn't care about the commentators, I just want to watch the tennis, so I don't complain 24/7 like half you guys do, when you have the tennis on the television, ready to switch on whenever you feel like it.

1 - 20 of 206 Posts