Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He loves to play here and will be the favorite against all his rivals, unless he meets Murray in the final, but even then it's 50/50. Hard to imagine he could get a better chance for his 18th Slam.

Discuss.

·
Super Moderator
62,003 Posts
Well, any other attempt would have to start from R1. Here he's already in the QF. So definitely his best chance for an 18th. But also Djokovic's best chance for a 7th and Murray's best chance for a 3rd. At least according to bookies. Both the last two have lower winning odds than I've ever seen them have before a tournament begins, and for Federer we'd have to go back a couple of years to find better.

·
Registered
14,624 Posts
I believe so. If Nole can't win it, I root for him all the way. :)

·
Som i Serem
16,500 Posts
Hope so, would be a good Swan Song. Do not see Roger as the top contender for US/Aus Open.

·
Registered
5,689 Posts
Definitely, time is running out and with grass being his best surface and with Nadal out it is a golden opportunity for him.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Absolutely. With Nadal out, I will really fancy his chances to win his 18th (and probably last) slam.

I don't see Murray as a bigger threat than Novak to be honest. Both will give Federer a tough match in the final.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
I think it's pretty obvious that it is. He's healthy, he's on grass, and Nadal is out. He may never be in this situation again, and even if he is, he's only getting older.

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,335 Posts
I'd say so. He's playing very well and his worst matchup was knocked out by Kyrgios. He should reach the final. Win it? Very possible. We shall have to see.

·
Registered
7,823 Posts
:zzz:

Wimbledon 2013: "Federer's last chance at a Slam. He was poor all year and if he doesn't get Wimbledon he might give up".
AO 2014: "Federer's last chance at a Slam. He has rediscovered his form, Djokovic is out, court is pretty fast, if he beats Nadal surely he can take Stan".
Wimbledon 2014: "Federer's last chance at a Slam. It's on grass, Nadal is out, Djokovic/Murray beatable".

:zzz::zzz::zzz:

As long as Federer keeps playing Slams, he has a chance to win the next one.

·
Registered
850 Posts
He is Co-favourite with Nole and Andy, not more. I think he will have a hard time with Wawrinka.
In the past every time, when Nadal lost, he got in big trouble or he lost. Will be interesting to see, if he can keep a high level and if the nerves hold.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
i say his chances went up from 35% to 70% Wawrinka will be a very tough cookie to crack on grass. if he gets past wawrinka i think he will be all set to grab the championship

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Wawrinka is probably tougher than Nole/Murray. Nadal would have to face all servebots enroute to the final, its a toughest draw for him.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Of course, He will never be a huge favorite to reach the final where he would be a biggish favorite or maybe a slight underdog against Murray, it won't get better and as a Federer fan I would be thrilled if he ended on 18.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
quite easily his best chance, now he only has to beat Wawa and Kyrgios/Raonic to reach final, that must look great for him. Then Muzzah and Djoker play probably against each other in the semi's and that might be a long and physically hard match for both of the guys.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts