Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Watching him in Noumea last week and now in Bendingo I thought he should be playing futures and not challengers by any means. Googled him and found out hes actually given a fucking AO MD WC. I have no words.

Not much of a player. Shit attitude - keeps kicking stuff and throwing racquets while being bossed by the much more talented #733.

I am shocked. I have no words. :eek::eek::eek:

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
He's a good player. Most of his matches I've watched he's played at a level that is decent for challengers. Not sure why the WC tho.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
As much as I generally don't like the WC agreement between the Slam hosting countries, I see nothing wrong with this WC.

Gaston was Junior Nr 2 in 2018, is currently ITF Nr 1 and ATP 246. He beat Londero (ATP 50) at the last Paris Bercy Open.

They want to give WCs to a mix of established players (who dropped in rankings) and young prospects (who many people don't know), so Gaston fits the bill.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
nothing wrong about this WC but sometimes it gives extra pressure to the player who receives it which maybe partly explained his last 2 awful results

1 - 6 of 6 Posts