Mens Tennis Forums banner

Is Lleyton stuck in mud or quicksand?

• Mud. Lleyton will return if he gets his priorities straight (focusing on tennis, getting a good coac

Votes: 45 50.0%
  • Mud. Just as long as he doesn't drop Kim for [i]Maria Sharapova[/i]

Votes: 10 11.1%
  • Quicksand. Lleyton's ego is too big. Now that he's free for two weeks he'll focus all his energy on

Votes: 8 8.9%
  • Quicksand. Lleyton was never that good in the first place.

Votes: 27 30.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
26,225 Posts
I would love to vote for the last option and say Hewitt was never that good, but I'll control myself. This is just a temporary slump caused by his own stupidity and I think now, going into his favorite season of the year, Lleyton will be back in good form as a major contender at the US Open. But I think it will be more difficult for him to win so many big tournaments like he did from '01 - '02 now that the other, more talented new balls are stepping it up and realizing their potential.

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Before the grass-court season, nothing would have pleased me more than to see Hewitt completely collapse in form and go plummeting in the rankings. But now that he has actually undergone a mini-collapse and started having horrendous losses, I find that I miss him in a strange sort of way. Roddick's getting too comfortable at the moment, we need a few more "C'mon"s, abuse of officials and on-court swearing to start getting him worried again.

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
half the fun of wishing for the Potato to be peeled stemmed from the fact that there was a very good chance that he would not be. i hope he doesn't lose that fighting spirit bec rooting against him will stop being fun. it's kinda like the Android. it was fun making an ass of him when he dominated. but once he started his downslide, the jokes just dried up. ;)

·
Registered
6,938 Posts
Pffff... im not a fan of Hewitt but for the losers who voted that he wasnt good in the first place NOTE THIS:

hes won the us open Def sampras
hes won wimbedon
Hes was number 1 for 2 years straight
He won tennis masters cup

He was great so shutup for thos of u who thinks he was never good in the first place

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
Sjengster said:
Before the grass-court season, nothing would have pleased me more than to see Hewitt completely collapse in form and go plummeting in the rankings. But now that he has actually undergone a mini-collapse and started having horrendous losses, I find that I miss him in a strange sort of way. Roddick's getting too comfortable at the moment, we need a few more "C'mon"s, abuse of officials and on-court swearing to start getting him worried again.
Same here... if his slump carries on another tournament I might actually find myself quietly rooting for him. Although I'll deny this later if it ever comes to that.

Hewitt will be back. He'll contend at the USO. He's too good and hungry not to.

·
Registered
141 Posts
it's kinda like the Android. it was fun making an ass of him when he dominated. but once he started his downslide, the jokes just dried up.
Speak for yourself.

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
LOL!!!!! i never said that i started liking him. i just invested less energy into making an ass of him. ;)

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
Agassi#1Fan4Ever said:
Hewitt sucks, he always has, and always will. It's great to see him at #5 and my man at #1! Hewitt just played a game that is hard to win in today. Power tennis is now, counterpunching is old.
That's what they said when Lleyton was winning.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
I think now the young players have started to get their heads together and improve their consistency, like Ferrero and Federer, Hewitt will not be #1 anymore. His game relied a lot on opponents not being able to blast him off the court, much like Hingis when she was #1. He may win more slams but i think #1 is out of reach, especially with his new reduced schedule.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Shouldnt it be Jelena Dokic instead of Maria Sharapova?
Apparently Hewitt was spotted openly checking out Dokic at Stanford this week. :eek:

·
Registered
26,225 Posts
Experimentee said:
Shouldnt it be Jelena Dokic instead of Maria Sharapova?
Apparently Hewitt was spotted openly checking out Dokic at Stanford this week. :eek:
Who wouldn't be? Jelena is very pretty, although right now her tennis is not.

·
Registered
820 Posts
he's on the way ;)

GOOOOOOOOOO Lley!!!! :bounce:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts