1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
dimitrov

genepri

eerily similar pattern

Dimitrov can barely be consistent in this weak transition era, will he slide into irrelevancy too? Has he peaked already?

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
interesting comparison

I think if Dimitrov played in the same sort of time period as Ginepri then, yes, probably it could happen. well maybe. what Grigor has in his favor is that the upcoming youngsters don't appear to be that great. Robby didn't have that, he had physical issues and injuries and a large crop of great players to contend with (even other extremely solid Americans like Roddick and Blake and Fish)

Ginepri highly underrated. great ballstriker when he was at his best, which unfortunately wasn't very long.

the thing is though, Ginepri was plagued with injuries in his career. I doubt the same will happen to Dimitrov so undoubtedly he will soar to bigger/taller heights than Robby was capable of

·
Premium Member
4,982 Posts
He desperately needs a new voice(beating a dead horse). His fitness greatly improved, but his game/tactics have taken a big hit. He used to be way more aggressive and is so defensive minded on the court nowadays.

·
The Master
1,102 Posts
Could we just, like, tell Rasheed to take a hike or something?
He seems to care more about Channel 7 (here in Australia) anyway.

Dimitrov's talent is being monumentally wasted, it's sad to watch really.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Best level of clay tennis I have seen in his first round match at FO this year

·
Registered
449 Posts
I don't think Rasheed is finished as a coach but his time with Grigor is up. Right now Grigor has no confidence in himself or his plan to beat people. That's a sure sign he needs to shake his camp up.

·
Registered
12,617 Posts
Dimitrov hasn't had injury problems thus far. He's more likely to have a carre that will last a long time than a shirt time in his prime like Ginepri

1 - 11 of 11 Posts