Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Bring it Home
20,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looks like it's gonna be him, Argentina's press is saying it's a done deal. I heard on Fox Sports during Nadal's game and some twitters are reporting too.

claudio federovsky ‏@federovskyclau 13 hHá 13 horas
Desvinculado de Del Potro, y tras pasar por alto -en su momento- ofrecimientos de Murray y Nishikori, Franco Davin trabajaría con Dimitrov.

Basically it's saying he refused to coach Murray and Nishikori in the past, but will coach Dimitrov now he's not tied with Delpo anymore...

I think it's a good option, Delpo wouldn't stay 7 years with him if he was bad.

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Great news. I might have to add Dimitrov as 1 of my favourites. Funny as I was actually thinking Franco would be a good coach for him.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Idk but Dimi and Delpo have nothing in common.
Did Gaudio and Delpo have anything in common? (besides being GS champions)

I think Dimitrov would improve a lot with Davin. Maybe I'm wrong about this, but I don't really care for Dimi so :shrug:

·
Registered
8,084 Posts
Did Gaudio and Delpo have anything in common? (besides being GS champions)

I think Dimitrov would improve a lot with Davin. Maybe I'm wrong about this, but I don't really care for Dimi so :shrug:
More than Dimi and Delpo probably since they are both baseliners. The thing is Dimi needs someone that teaches him to utilizes his variety as much as possible (no idea if Davin can do that). He won't beat the best players with ballstriking or grinding.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Interesting choice, I had heard lendl was an option. That certainly would have been a pair.

·
Registered
9,517 Posts
Last year Dimitrov had a training block with Anaconne for 14 days in Dec. Now he had it with Lendl. I am not sure what Dimi problem is but he has not got the mentality of Champion. He is at 24 already. Gasquet was way better than Dimi in 2006 and still could not do anything. How on earth they did compare Fed to Dimitrov?!

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
Would be fantastic!

I so hope this is happening.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts