Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel for Ferrero he has had a decent season so far but nothing compared to his previous exploits, i.e 2003, i just feel with his injuries in 04 he can't produce his best level on a consistant basis and only shows flashes of his brilliant self, i mean look at him against Roddick at Cinncy, was that the same guy last night? he is reminding me a little of Guga's inital downfall around 18 months ago, where his consistantcy was just not there. Only time will tell i hope i am wrong but it is going to be a hard struggle to make at least top 10.
What do you think.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,752 Posts
i think he'll make it back to the top 10!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,930 Posts
Juanqui Lover said:
i think he'll make it back to the top 10!!!
Loyal to the point of insanity ;) ´

I also would like to know what is going on with JCF this year. But I can't remember having him seen play, either I had no coverage or his matches were not selected. So it is difficult to speculate about the reasons.

I have brought up the coach issue on many occasions, and I feel it gets more and more urgent.

As for the comparison with Guga: What seperates those two are not only two GS titles.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,752 Posts
Puschkin said:
Loyal to the point of insanity ;) ´
LOL, it's not insanity, it's reality! He'll be back
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,453 Posts
I think he has everything to be a top 10 player. I hope he will do it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,913 Posts
i don't know if he'll make it back to the top 10 or not...something has to change though for that to happen...he can't keep going on like this. he hasn't played badly but he definitely needs to raise the bar if he's to make it back into the top 10...i'd like to see it, but not sure whether it can happen or not...hopefully he can sometime
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,460 Posts
~EMiLiTA~ said:
i don't know if he'll make it back to the top 10 or not...something has to change though for that to happen...he can't keep going on like this. he hasn't played badly but he definitely needs to raise the bar if he's to make it back into the top 10...i'd like to see it, but not sure whether it can happen or not...hopefully he can sometime
totally agree
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,397 Posts
skel1983 said:
I feel for Ferrero he has had a decent season so far but nothing compared to his previous exploits, i.e 2003, i just feel with his injuries in 04 he can't produce his best level on a consistant basis and only shows flashes of his brilliant self, i mean look at him against Roddick at Cinncy, was that the same guy last night? he is reminding me a little of Guga's inital downfall around 18 months ago, where his consistantcy was just not there. Only time will tell i hope i am wrong but it is going to be a hard struggle to make at least top 10.
What do you think.
What injuries?
 

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
Joined
·
124,507 Posts

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
Joined
·
124,507 Posts
The game has moved on from when Ferrero was right at the top, he hasn't evolved with it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,397 Posts
GeorgeWHitler said:
You're not serious are you?
Yes I am. All I ever remember is he had some chickenpox, and a practice mishap. You'll have to convince me as to how falling down on the ground while you're practising can injure you for an entire year. I don't think his year had much to do with injuries as to do with the tour catching up to you which is pretty easy to see now that he's fresh and his results are the same as before.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,930 Posts
JCF's carrer seems to me as an example of bad decisions. After his glorious RG win 2003 he crisscrossed continents during summer and autumn and exhausted himself, which resulted ia dreadful performance at the TMC. He got to the SF at the AO 2004, but played with all kind of "little" injuries. Then the famous chicken-pox attack which seemed to have destroyed something in him. He had another injury, played RG as the defending champion and was humilitated by Andreev. If I remember correctly, he even admitted later, that it was much too early. He seemd overeager to come back and all went wrong for the rest of 2004.

In 2005 he seemd to be on the right track, but somehow lacked a real moment of success. Things might have changed if he had won a tourney or his close matches against Roger and/or Andy.

As stated somewhere else, I hardly saw him play this year, but as GWH pointed out rightly, JCF did not develop further since 2003. I really feel he needs a total new approach, more of the same won't do.
 

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
Joined
·
124,507 Posts
uNIVERSE mAN said:
Yes I am. All I ever remember is he had some chickenpox, and a practice mishap. You'll have to convince me as to how falling down on the ground while you're practising can injure you for an entire year. I don't think his year had much to do with injuries as to do with the tour catching up to you which is pretty easy to see now that he's fresh and his results are the same as before.
I am no Ferrero fan, so this needs to be made clear. He had a rib problem before RG, yes he had the illness, plus some other ones and if his results were the same as in 04, then he would be still ranked around 70s.
 
1 - 20 of 54 Posts
Top