Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not his fan but this year shows that he isn't half bad as made out here even by his fans..

Reaching Wimbledon finals at 33 and playing better than Nadal and Nole at the moment shows he isn't a flash in the pan.

While over all he is lacking compared to the elite, he s a decent player even at this age..

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
While over all he is lacking compared to the elite, he s a decent player even at this age..
He is stil a great player and he still amazes with consistency even at this age. F,SF,W,F,QF,F,R2,R4,W,F,F

I hope that by elite you mean Djokovic and Nadal, he still stands out of the rest of the tour.

·
Registered
21,272 Posts
A lot of people have lowered down their expectations on Federer on the events that happened during the start of the year and after that because of that horrendous 2013 season but as of now, I don't think he is underrated because people have already realized that Federer this year is a different player from last year. He is much better now. As you can see in the poll for Toronto, many were expecting Federer to win, 2nd favourite if I'm not wrong. and in Cincy, he is also considered the 2nd favourite to win. So my answer is no. He is not underrated on here.

·
Registered
17,365 Posts
Not his fan but this year shows that he isn't half bad as made out here even by his fans..

Reaching Wimbledon finals at 33 and playing better than Nadal and Nole at the moment shows he isn't a flash in the pan.

They're just underselling him so no one can criticize his efforts when people expect him to go deep/win a tournament.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
he is still overrated. he made wimbledon final thanks to easy draw and the same story with toronto as well

the fact remains, without that challenger title in Halle, he hasn´t won anything this year

actually, it´s kind of the same year as last year, but this year he managed to get a round or two deeper occasionally

·
Registered
13,864 Posts
he is still overrated. he made wimbledon final thanks to easy draw and the same story with toronto as well

the fact remains, without that challenger title in Halle, he hasn´t won anything this year

actually, it´s kind of the same year as last year, but this year he managed to get a round or two deeper occasionally
What an exquisite example of a clueless post.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
He is stil a great player and he still amazes with consistency even at this age. F,SF,W,F,QF,F,R2,R4,W,F,F

I hope that by elite you mean Djokovic and Nadal, he still stands out of the rest of the tour.
Actually only nole really who can be called elite at this point. Nadal is too up n down this year.

Fed is probably second best player this year after Nole

·
Registered
8,565 Posts
He is the goat, everyone should recognize this feat asap

·
Registered
449 Posts
He's not underrated on here im just learning that a number of MTF members seem about trashing other players legacy's to ensure there favorite player stands out above the crowd.

·
Banned
6,672 Posts

Of course he is underrated here. It's MTF. As for 'flash in the pan' that pretty much sums up MTF's stupidity.

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
I don't know how a servebot hits tweener. Do they turn their body upside down and then hit the ball like a serve between their legs?

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Yes. He is underrated here. He is playing very well this year and, after Djokovic, is a favorite to win the U.S. Open.

·
Registered
9,716 Posts

:lol:

So Do you believe Nadal would do the same as Federer at age 33????

If not. So why you have him overrated.

For better career.
For better talent

Federer>Nadal>Djoker>Murray>Tsonga>all those Young Top players in today

1 - 20 of 40 Posts