Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was surprised to see how many items you would think would have sentimental value to him - such as stuff from his 2009 French Open win - he is auctioning.

I read an article where Federer said he has "a few hundred" pairs of shoes at home, which makes me think he had basically kept all of the shoes Nike gave him over the years.

I guess Mirka is looking for more closet space?

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I'm surprised he hasn't got a museum with all this stuff in it in Basle. It'd be a cool tourist attraction.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Your visions will happen
51,352 Posts
I was surprised to see how many items you would think would have sentimental value to him - such as stuff from his 2009 French Open win - he is auctioning.

I read an article where Federer said he has "a few hundred" pairs of shoes at home, which makes me think he had basically kept all of the shoes Nike gave him over the years.

I guess Mirka is looking for more closet space?
Yes we covered it last week here

I have come to the same conclusion. Mirka is cleaning the house and finds some old shoes and racquets and tells Roger to either throw them out or sell for charity

Apparently the value is like 1-2M so not bad for a day of spring cleaning

·
Premium Member
Stan Wawrinka
4,198 Posts

·
justice for all
18,039 Posts
I think it will be a fantastic auction.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
We already had a sports museum here and it closed because lack of money. :confused:
Big shame on the government/people imo. Federers don't grow on trees. They could at least stick it in the Basle Open tournament complex somewhere.

·
Your visions will happen
51,352 Posts
Big shame on the government/people imo. Federers don't grow on trees. They could at least stick it in the Basle Open tournament complex somewhere.
Swiss do not really worship sports stars like British or USA, where it is religion

I remember they made Roger milk his own cow back in the day

1 - 9 of 9 Posts