• Fraud

Votes: 28 25.0%
1 - 20 of 253 Posts

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If he is, then someone needs to explain this for me:

He did not make a singel Semifinal appearance untill 22 years of age and his first GS title..

Also what i find strange is, 6 Round 1 exits in total before his 1st GS..

Novak+Rafa+Murray = have in total 6 Round 1 exits..

What happened after 22? did he add some muscles, gain some height? because obviously this shows just how Untalented he was tbh.

Here are some comparables

Novak making SF in all 4 GS 21 and also winning one, Nadals speaks for itself..

·
Registered
56 Posts
Arazi is the most skilled tennis player ever IMO.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
As a shot maker YES As a talent for figuring out other players and beating them NO.

I think if you combine the complete package of skill as a player. And ability to decode your opponents. Djokovic is the best we've seen so far.

If you are talking raw talent energy and will to win. Then it's Rafa. Nobody told Rafa he wasn't supposed to beat Fed on his best surface at his peak. But he did it.

·
-Oracle-
2,071 Posts
This :angel:

To give you an answer: it's hard and most of all improper to say someone(even Fed) is the most talented player of all time.

He is extremely talented, but there are many other players who are/were very talented. Calling someone "the most talented" is unfair and doesn't make sense.

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
Obviously this is a bait thread. I will just say this: Don't watch the results, watch his game. :D It should be clear then that he is indeed one of the most talented. So natural in his strokes and movement.

Btw, these graphics are biased toward your argument, since in reality Roger was only 17 for his first 2 major appearances (on a WC), 19 when he had 2 consecutive QFs, beating defending champion P. Sampras on the way and 21 when he finally got a win. He figured out patterns of play that worked for him. With his variety of shot it takes a bit more time to find the right balance in the game and not to go for absolutely outrageous shots like hot-headed youngsters are prone to do.

No, he didn't put on muscles or something, did you even watch the tennis of the time? Although - as an unseeded boy of 17/18 he did look like he had a lot of physical and mental development to do, he still looked boyish.

Impossible to compare to someone like Rafa who was a physical beast even at 17.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
The likes of Wilander, Mcenroe, Borg, Connors, Sampras, Nadal, Djokovic, Becker etc. all won their first slams younger than Fraud. Of course he isn't close to the most talented player

·
Registered
6,181 Posts
The likes of Wilander, Mcenroe, Borg, Connors, Sampras, Nadal, Djokovic, Becker etc. all won their first slams younger than Fraud. Of course he isn't close to the most talented player
It doesn't matter at all.. Nadal is a talentless hack but was a physical monster already at 18 and won his first slam at 19

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
Not the most talented, but top 3. Djokovic is clearly top 5 though.

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
Michael Chang was the youngest major winner of all time. Is he more talented than the guys you listed? :rolleyes: Lleyton Hewitt won his first major younger than Djokovic, I guess he is more talented too going by your logic. :wavey:

·
Registered
4,941 Posts
If he is, then someone needs to explain this for me:

He did not make a singel Semifinal appearance untill 22 years of age and his first GS title..

Also what i find strange is, 6 Round 1 exits in total before his 1st GS..

Novak+Rafa+Murray = have in total 6 Round 1 exits..

What happened after 22? did he add some muscles, gain some height? because obviously this shows just how Untalented he was tbh.

Here are some comparables

Novak making SF in all 4 GS 21 and also winning one, Nadals speaks for itself..
You've been here since 2011 and have over 1500 posts, surely you know by now everybody calls this that player super talented but they never materialize - only once in a while they come up with a big surprise win then everybody starts jumping into the bandwagons only to jump off again (Gulbis is probably the biggest example). The fact that Federer during his early days lost a lot of early rounds then suddenly transformed into a complete winning machine goes to show that his ridiculous talent was always there, but something was missing. Whether he became stronger or faster or something else he found the missing puzzle, fixed it and fully utilized his raw talent with what competition he had.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
:spit:

I think he doesn't know and wonders why the journalists are laughing about his statement...
You probably think they're laughing at him because of 'his arrogance', which is not the case.

Talent is very hard to define properly imo. I would say the most talented is someone who has perfect tennis, but not necessarily with a text-book style. That's why I would say Federer is more talented than Djokovic for instance, overall their game might be just as perfect, but Djokovic's seems a bit more 'teachable' rather than based on talent. And in that way Federer is one of the top guys of all time, hard to make a final choice on that (and tbh any 5+ slam winner is bound to be insanely talented to start with).

I'm not sure if age at which stuff is won should factor into it, some people just physically mature faster or are not mentally ready yet at a young age. But I guess you can think: less time to develop and still getting great results = must be talented.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
He's talented, but not the most talented ever. Maybe top 5.
Don't forget that he's a turkey. You can't be the most talented ever and a turkey at the same time. It doesn't make sense.

BTW, you should not add a poll with Federer questioning his talent, greatness, legacy, era, humanity, grace, skills or even his aura of sanctity. This is a fedtards-dominated place, life is Federer here.

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
:spit:

I think he doesn't know and wonders why the journalists are laughing about his statement...
:secret: They laugh because he's so sheepish about it.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Then enlighten me please.
They're laughing because they didn't expect such an honest answer, they all (or most) agree but just didn't expect it, and as Secondeuce says he tops it off with being quite sheepish saying it.

EDIT: to add: They like him because of this answer, and are laughing with him, not at him.

·
Registered
14,488 Posts
They're laughing because they didn't expect such an honest answer, they all (or most) agree but just didn't expect it, and as Secondeuce says he tops it off with being quite sheepish saying it.

EDIT: to add: They like him because of this answer, and are laughing with him, not at him.

They laugh about his statement IMO. No normal person says about himself "obviously I'm extremely talented". You just don't do that. What I would rather accept is that someoe thinks that Federer was being ironic and making a joke and that's why the people laugh, but knowing Fed and having read and heard his other interviews, I doubt that.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Not really. He looks more talented than he really is because he started in the Roddick/Ferrer/Robredo era, played in the Big4 era and will end in Coric/Zverev era. All of them "talentless" clowns.

1 - 20 of 253 Posts