Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Federer was a disgrace in this match against Novak. I don't see the point in the guy continuing playing to get routinely outplayed by the likes of Djokovic / Murray & even Nadal.

Should he preserve his legacy and retire now whilst he's still got some self-respect left?

Discuss.

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
He is finnish.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
No and No. He'll still be in the hunt for Wimbledon titles over the next couple of years though provided he doesn't pick up injuries, or require a hip replacement. :)

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
He can do whatever the F he wants. I am done rooting for him in slams. I love the guy but his last gutless performance in a slam final did it for me. Nole played absolutely great but Roger played like someone who was happy to be in another slam final.

Even before the match, when they asked him if he believed he could beat Nole, he said ... "I don't know, we will see." Screw that, and anyone who defends that loser attitude. So unlike Roger to respond to a question like that like an utter loser. I am disgusted.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Federer was a disgrace in this match against Novak. I don't see the point in the guy continuing playing to get routinely outplayed by the likes of Djokovic / Murray & even Nadal.

Should he preserve his legacy and retire now whilst he's still got some self-respect left?

Discuss.
I think it is YOU who should retire from this forum. :mad:

·
Registered
645 Posts

Discuss.
yup... Murray is routinely outplaying him...

·
Banned
182 Posts
If he has any shame he should retire. 2003-12 Federer would beat any version of Djokovic at Wimbledon but now he struggles to win points when he misses his first serve. I do think that he should retire or go back to his old racquet because his current racquet has turned him into nothing but a servebot.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
I think rjmartin should retire.

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
he didn't play much worse today than he did against Murray. He just faced a vastly superior opponent. As simple as that. Slow Murray's game can't expose Fed's weaknesses as well as Novak's game does.
Fed is clear #2 now. And US Open should be his best Slam, on paper. He should be optimistic looking into hardcourt season.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
If he has any shame he should retire. 2003-12 Federer would beat any version of Djokovic at Wimbledon but now he struggles to win points when he misses his first serve. I do think that he should retire or go back to his old racquet because his current racquet has turned him into nothing but a servebot.
The old one push a defensive FH back to the tip of baseline.

Today he UE almost every FH.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
he didn't play much worse today than he did against Murray. He just faced a vastly superior opponent. As simple as that. Slow Murray's game can't expose Fed's weaknesses as well as Novak's game does.
Fed is clear #2 now. And US Open should be his best Slam, on paper. He should be optimistic looking into hardcourt season.
lol

·
Registered
517 Posts
He can do whatever the F he wants. I am done rooting for him in slams. I love the guy but his last gutless performance in a slam final did it for me. Nole played absolutely great but Roger played like someone who was happy to be in another slam final.

Even before the match, when they asked him if he believed he could beat Nole, he said ... "I don't know, we will see." Screw that, and anyone who defends that loser attitude. So unlike Roger to respond to a question like that like an utter loser. I am disgusted.
Well, I'm quite sure Roger is not going to lose sleep over it. He's the MOST ACCOMPLISHED tennis player in the history of the sport and can do whatever he pleases to - he's earned this privilege with his 17 Grand Slam titles. :wavey:

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Federer is going to keep going until he cant go no more. He has a very high maintainance Mrs. If you want to blame anyone blame Gasquet. If he had never beaten Wrinka we might have had an entirely different story today. Novak is amazing this is his 17th slam final. He will be in at least 6 more before he is done. Its just a question of how many he can win.

1 - 20 of 139 Posts