Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just an observation. Bending his lead leg on serve to take the pressure off his back? We rarely see him do this, only time I can recall is in The Davis Cup final when we knew he was carrying a back injury. He was also doing the same thing in the Rome final. See the difference below(Shanghai 2014 vs. now):

·
Registered
13,139 Posts
I think he bends his knee on the take back for this second serve, though I think it depends if he does kick or not. He varies it up alot.

If you could see that from the other side of the net it could be a tell .

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think he bends his knee on the take back for this second serve, though I think it depends if he does kick or not. He varies it up alot.

If you could see that from the other side of the net it could be a tell .
I took the photo at 5-3 30-15 3rd set against Granollers. It was a first serve. He was doing the same today.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
He has an ego injury that will re-surface when he loses.
Least he won't be sticking his chin up in the air and spitting at the crowd eh?

How much are you looking forward to Nole double faulting MP down to Nadal for the third time, btw

·
Premium Member
29,533 Posts
I saw that he did clutch his back today after a point at least one, Murray style. But if it was anything serious, I fully believe he would pull out of this and focus on Wimbledon. It's not an excuse if he loses.

·
Registered
23,623 Posts
Least he won't be sticking his chin up in the air and spitting at the crowd eh?

How much are you looking forward to Nole double faulting MP down to Nadal for the third time, btw
Federer should have rolled in the mud in 2009, because that was his only chance.

This year Nole will be the one.

Nole with 17+ Slams and at least 3 of each will look good in the history books.

·
Registered
13,139 Posts
I took the photo at 5-3 30-15 3rd set against Granollers. It was a first serve. He was doing the same today.
I dunno then, it's a stretch for sure. I mean I can't say you aren't onto something but I also can't say he just tweaked his service motion a bit because he's sad he can't make it past 135mph.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I saw that he did clutch his back today after a point at least one, Murray style. But if it was anything serious, I fully believe he would pull out of this and focus on Wimbledon. It's not an excuse if he loses.
Yea definitely not an excuse.

·
Registered
11,142 Posts
He was moving quite well and running for all dropshots. Didn't seem at all like an injury tbh.

·
Registered
11,737 Posts
It wouldn't surprise me. Fed is a warrior, but he doesn't like excuses, like his two big rivals, who open their mouths with all kind of excuses, 'I was injured this, I was hurt there etc'.

He is too big of a Champion to say he's hurt. :worship:

·
Registered
23,623 Posts
It wouldn't surprise me. Fed is a warrior, but he doesn't like excuses, like his two big rivals, who open their mouths with all kind of excuses, 'I was injured this, I was hurt there etc'.

Until he loses.

·
Registered
13,139 Posts

LOL - never..

"I should never have played after Dodig," Federer reflected on Sunday, saying he lost practice time in the following weeks.

After his shocking second-round defeat at Wimbledon, against Sergiy Stakhovsky of Ukraine, Federer opted to play on clay in July rather than rest to prepare for hard-court events ahead of the US Open.

"I should have abandoned in Hamburg, not played Gstaad. Nevertheless, I played, I tried," said Federer, who sustained back-to-back losses against unheralded opponents.

http://espn.go.com/tennis/story/_/id/9854439/roger-federer-regrets-playing-injured-march-july

·
Registered
7,028 Posts
Where do people get the idea to just make up stories based on absolutely nothing? Do half of you work in the freaking tabloids or any media today for that matter?

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
If he is injured I really hope he tanks. No need to kill himself on a tournament where he has close to zero chances of winning.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts