• No

Votes: 35 50.0%
1 - 20 of 789 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's wrong with Roger Federer?

After blasting Marat to win Hamburg, one game and out on Roland Garros, Wimbledon and Toronto. Any opinions?:confused:

·
Registered
62,758 Posts
poor cute Roger :sad: :sad:

·
MY BOY HAS 17 GRAND SLAMS
16,844 Posts
it's mind boggling. He's so talented, got all the shots in the book, he's beaten the top players, had a great win in Hamburg...and now his 3rd first round loss. (he went out in the 2nd round in Gstaad). RG and Wimbledon was a shocker.
Hope he'll recover in time for the US Open.

C'mon, Roger!!!!!!!!:bounce:

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Definitely mental. He plays well enough during the majority of the match, but when it comes to the decision time, he plays crap. This match vs Canas was a clear example of that. If the player he faces hangs on and waits, Roger takes care of burrying (spell??) himself.
Very sad, I just hope he can turn that around.

·
Registered
10,038 Posts
Once again, hitman beats me to the punch :)

Thanks to the rain delay, I got to see Rogi's match. To me, he just didn't look comfortable out there on court, and wasn't putting much into his play. Compare this to last year's Roland Garros (or even Wimbledon), where he at least seemed excited to be on court and he was trying his best. Yesterday, he looked out of place and depressed, like he'd rather be anywhere else than on the court.

Which means his problem is in his mind. I'm wondering if there's pressure on him to perform to his potential all the time, every time (he's only human, after all). He's said himself he's a bit of a dreamer by nature, so perhaps he's at that point where he's wondering if he wants to commit to doing his best in tennis, with the fishbowl life that comes with it.

Luckily for him, he has the talent to keep him in the Top 20 while he makes up his mind.

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
People say great minds think alike... :p
Your point about his attitude is also very interesting. He was indeed looking kinda down during the whole match. I thought I was just being too hard on him, though. If someone else noticed, heck, Im even more worried now. This just sucks. :sad:

·
Registered
10,038 Posts
This is getting ridiculous, now. I'm sorry to say I'm not surprised Rogi crashed out of another first round match.

Does anyone expect him to do well at the Open now?!

·
Registered
8,816 Posts
TennisHack said:
This is getting ridiculous, now. I'm sorry to say I'm not surprised Rogi crashed out of another first round match.

Does anyone expect him to do well at the Open now?!
Not really. It's such a shame. :( He played so perfectly against Marat in Hamburg and now he can't win a match to save his life. But since we have gotten so used to him losing in the first round, maybe it's time for him to surprise us again. Who knows.

·
Registered
87 Posts
If you beat Sampras at Wimbledon, you must live with the curse...... :)

Perhaps this loss today can partly be blamed by him still being in shock by the news of his previous coach's untimely death. :(

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
he's definitely got some major mental problems right now. since his Hamburg win, maybe all the high expectations and pressure are getting to him?! Roger has become of the biggest head-cases on tour, along with Marat of course!

·
Registered
752 Posts
why does it always happen to the NICE ones??

i think Rogi is very depressed right now and there's no telling when he'll come out of it. With the news of his former coach and string of 1st round losses, it seems that it will be a while until the 'ol Rogi is back. We just have to be patient (at least thats what i keep telling myself) I saw that match with Canas last week and even when he was hitting winners there was no spark from him. Very sad.

·
Registered
915 Posts
There's no doubt that today his mind probably wasn't on court, because of what happened to his previous coach.

Before that though, I've got no idea what has happened to him, I think that match against Arazi at Roland Garros really shocked him, he was going into it in such great form. I just hope he comes out of this form soon and gets back how he was playing before Roland Garros because when he's playing as well as that, there aren't too many better than him.

·
Registered
62,758 Posts
:sad: :sad:

·
MY BOY HAS 17 GRAND SLAMS
16,844 Posts
TheBoiledEgg said:
Miroslava should stop hanging around with him and get back to playing on the tour again

she isn't letting him focus
You could be right about that. I saw his first round doubles match in Gstaad and she was sitting there in the corner, but not really watching the game, more like daydreaming, she kept using her cellphone and texting. But no enthusiasm of being there. And that match him & Kratochvil could have easily won, they lost the first set, & they were leading 6-3 in that tie break, mind you; they won the second set, then blew the 3rd set away. On home ground too.

His psyche is so fragile at the moment and i'm really concerned about his game. He is too good to fade away at this early age...

:confused:

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
What's Wrong With Federer?

What In the world has happened to our Roger? Yeah. he won his 12th slam. Great. Good for him. But the manner that he won it was purely worrisome. He has played passive this year all year except maybe at the AO. He tamely lost the French Final. Almost handed Rafa the Wimbledon, and was a bit lucky to go unscathed @ the U.S. Open. We all know he has the talent to dominate these wanna bes but it seems after parting with Tony Roche, Roger has gotten worse ( I thought that would be impossible after blaming Tony for making Roger play passive for quite some time). You can't tell me Davydenko of all people should give Roger all that trouble. What about Lopez? who?!! If I remember, Rafa dropped a bagel on Lopez... Roger has gotten better with his serve. No doubt about that. But I think his return game has gotten worse. He was barely getting into Djoko's games and even Lopez's games at the U.S. Open! What's going on!

1 - 20 of 789 Posts