Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think Del Potro had a better chance vs him at 2012 AO to be honest.

No matter how well Fed plays vs Nadal he just cant beat him at slams. I think we all agree.

He can beat Djokovic though, and stopping him at a slam or two now could prove dividends in the future for his slam count if Djoker ever gets closer to 16..but not if Djoker is on his side of the draw, then he is just handing another slam to Nadal putting himself in the final.

·
Banned
10,825 Posts
Quality thread.

·
ツ
7,561 Posts
I think 2003 actually has a point. Nadal may have not won Roland Garros last year had Federer not played.

·
Premium Member
20,709 Posts
It's not easy being GOAT. It's not enough to amass impressive statistics; it's how you do it. You don't do it by hiding under your blanket and hoping someone else will step up and do your dirty work for you. Fed has never been afraid to face his nemesis. :cool:

Death before dishonour, and all that jazz, mate. :yeah:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Reasonable analysis.
But Fed is an attacker, not a defender. If he just wants a nicer statistics, he could easily withdraw all those clay matches and his H2H vs Nadal would be much better.

·
Registered
10,504 Posts
Lack of Nole in the thread title is quite disturbing to say the least.

Ajde.

Reactions: GSMnadal

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Lack of Nole in the thread title is quite disturbing to say the least.

Ajde.
The lack of ajde in the thread is quite disturbing to say the least.

Ajde.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think 2003 actually has a point. Nadal may have not won Roland Garros last year had Federer not played.
Whos to say how 2010 US would have gone had Djokovic had a straightforward semi final.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Reactions: tripwires

·
Registered
23,623 Posts
Fed is definitely helping Nadal with this.

He should listen to his fans who know best.

·
Registered
27,319 Posts

·
Registered
2,727 Posts

·
Registered
6,827 Posts
Federer's knight in shining armour Djokovic is still around to dig Federer out of a self dug hole. Time for the Swiss to extend an olive branch to the Djoker due to the work he is doing on Nadal.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts