• yes

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • no

Votes: 50 80.6%
21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Not sure I'm following .. is his new girlfriend from Finland ?
C'mon, you're new around here, but not that new.

·
Registered
14,284 Posts
C'mon, you're new around here, but not that new.
I was obviosly trolling.

who would in right mind claim that Dominic is finished ? He has at least few slams in him

Reactions: SetPointDown

·
Registered
4,398 Posts
Surprised that he was doing analysis for the tennis channel. Seems like he may be moving in the media direction.

·
Registered
496 Posts
No definitely not! I sincerely hope not anyway no-one can judge how well he will come back from his injury but he is only 28 still in his prime I think he can absolutely get back to his best and tennis needs him too.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Tennis really needs Thiem back IMO. I think he will make a successful comeback if he gets back to full fitness. Not sure if he'll win another slam (although I would love him to win FO) but certainly back in the business end of big tournaments. He's only just turned 28, could have another 4 years or so of top tennis in him.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
He seems to be enjoying his Austrian celebrity life so much right now. If I go by his Insta I would say he's not even trying to make it. Haven't seen/heard anything in regards to his relationship (nor do I care to see), but as it looks he is heavily involved promoting several (local) companies (feels to me a bit like squeezing out whatever his fame may give him) and enjoying family life above all...

Hope he has a serious work plan as soon as that wrist brace comes off though.
What do you want him to do when he's not able to play tennis? I see him doing cardio and other workouts + enjoying life (something he didn't have a chance to do for years due to him playing in pretty much every tournament out there). If there is a player who would work hard and do what's asked of him in order to make a good comeback , that's Dominic

·
Premium Member
11,519 Posts
What do you want him to do when he's not able to play tennis? I see him doing cardio and other workouts + enjoying life (something he didn't have a chance to do for years due to him playing in pretty much every tournament out there). If there is a player that would work hard and do what's asked of him in order to make a good comeback , that's Dominic
(y) All about the balance. Seemingly burned out, with the Covid conditions also contributing to it (he lamented the isolation out on the tour). Could very well be (even) more formidable once he comes back, with the mental scales more in tune.

·
Registered
26 Posts
If there is a player who would work hard and do what's asked of him in order to make a good comeback , that's Dominic
Maybe his hard working attitude is what made him burn out in the first place - maybe other players are better at keeping balance during work, and therefore seem to be working a little less hard...

·
Registered
12 Posts
I see he has too much time on his hands, so much so that he takes the piss out of Tsitsipas….not a fan of Tsitsipas but didn’t expect Thiem to stoop to Murray/Kyrgios level!

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Maybe his hard working attitude is what made him burn out in the first place - maybe other players are better at keeping balance during work, and therefore seem to be working a little less hard...
(y) All about the balance.
Exactly, this is the first time Dominic actually has to face this issue and deal with it. He will find balance, it just takes time. But he damn sure isn't finished yet.

·
Registered
6,479 Posts
Surprised that he was doing analysis for the tennis channel. Seems like he may be moving in the media direction.
He also commentated the mens final for german Eurosport.

Don´t think he is finished now but his tennis future didn´t look promising.

·
Registered
8,368 Posts
I see he has too much time on his hands, so much so that he takes the piss out of Tsitsipas….not a fan of Tsitsipas but didn’t expect Thiem to stoop to Murray/Kyrgios level!
My respect for him just dropped if this happened.
Jumping on the bandwagon to disparage a fellow hardworking player like himself just for popularity sake is not a good look for the Austrian.

Anybody know if his wrist injury has any similarity to Del Potro’s chronic injury?

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
He also commentated the mens final for german Eurosport.

Don´t think he is finished now but his tennis future didn´t look promising.
But what can he do right now? He's injured but he can make money during recovery.
I don't think he's finished, but he needs time to recover from injury and motivate himself.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts