Mens Tennis Forums banner

Is Djokovic now one of the top 10 greatest players of all times?

• Yes, he is!

Votes: 40 52.6%
  • No, he is not yet!

Votes: 19 25.0%
  • He was even before Wimbledon 2014 title

Votes: 14 18.4%
  • No, and he will never be!

Votes: 3 3.9%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has Djokovic yesterday entered the list of 10 greatest players in history of the game?

Ive been doing some research about some of his achievements and he is almost in every top 10 list.

For example:

Grand Slam titles = 7 (tied on 8th place with McEnroe and Wilander)

Weeks as nummber 1 = 102 (8th of all times)

World Tour Finals titles = 3 (tied on 5th with Becker and McEnroe)

Masters 1000 titles = 19 (tied on 4th with McEnroe)

Winning streak = 43 matches (3rd of all times)

Number of top 10 wins = 116 (6th of all times)

ATP 500 titles = 10 (4th of all times)

Total number of titles = 45 (12th of all times)

Total number of wins = 580 (tied on 25th with David Ferrer :p )

+ he is close to becoming first men ever to hold all Grand Slam and Masters titles (Roland Garros and Cincinnati missing)

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
I'm glad he is because it makes Nadal's 9-3 record over him even more meaningful & impressive. Nadal owns his 2 biggest all-time great rivals.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Of course. He's one of the best players ever.

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
Yes

·
Registered
7,516 Posts

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
IMO the Djoker is heading for the top 5 greatest ever players where he will join FED and RAFA.
Of the open era, yes.

At the end of their careers

Top 5 players of the Open era

Federer 18 slams
Nadal 16 slams
Sampras 14 slams
Borg 11 slams
Djokovic 10 slams

Maybe Federer has one more slam win and reaches 18. Who knows. He was close to beating Djokovic yesterday.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Of course he is :)

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
He was already top 10.

Imo
Federer
Sampras
Nadal
Borg
Agassi
Lendl
Connors
Nole
Mcenroe
Wilander

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
He's above Wilander, below McEnroe in my book. Players ahead of him, Open era (off the top of my head, in no particular order):

Federer
Nadal
Sampras
Lendl
Agassi
McEnroe
Connors
Borg
(Laver)

So he's just inside the top10 in the Open era. All eras, I'd say there's still some catching up to do. List of Grand Slam winners: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Grand_Slam_men's_singles_champions#Most_Grand_Slam_singles_titles_.285_or_more.29
Open Era, YES. All Time, NO. All time: Laver, Rosewall, Federer, Sampras, Borg, Gonzalez, Nadal, Tilden, Connors, Budge. Not in any particular order. Open Era: Federer, Nadal, Sampras, Borg, Connors, Lendl, McEnroe, Djokovic, Agassi, Wilander. Again, in no particular order.

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Open Era, YES. All Time, NO. All time: Laver, Rosewall, Federer, Sampras, Borg, Gonzalez, Nadal, Tilden, Connors, Budge. Not in any particular order. Open Era: Federer, Nadal, Sampras, Borg, Connors, Lendl, McEnroe, Djokovic, Agassi, Wilander. Again, in no particular order.
I don't know how you can compare Gonzalez,Tilden,Budge,Rosewall to Djokovic.I mean completely different eras

1 - 20 of 37 Posts