Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After his physical decline (I cited this here after RG to much derision on here), it seems incredibly obvious that Nole can no longer hit through the court with the regularity we've become accustomed to, nor play back to back long matches. He cannot consistently win long rallies against the top players anymore as his shot resistance has declined alarmingly. He's still competitive purely because he's improved both first and second serve markedly under Ivanisevic's tutelage. As for groundstrokes, Djokovic merely pushes for the most part or else overhits long with the forehand - anywhere but the court with the backhand.
All true tennis fans should abhor the servebot-pushing personified by Zverev and exemplified by latter day Nole. It's a blight on the sport and the biggest cause of the TV ratings decline in tennis. Djokovic should admit that best of five at slams has to stay, and instead campaign for an end to servebot-pushing! To support this beautiful sport I'll be rooting against Djokovic until he sacks off this disgusting tactic. I urge all Nole fans and tennis fans in general to join me.

Reactions: skytennis

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Just pusher cause his serve isn’t much better than average. He does have a habit of fluking serves on important points for the opponent so I guess in that regard yes.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
something isn't right with nole as of lately, he can't penetrate the court anymore and his BH has gone MIA.
still: comparing him to the likes of zverev is quite the stretch tbh.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Need AO,to make some judgements.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Having watched his matches vs the likes of zverev or medvedev , he ' ll have to change strategy ASAP. Cause they are good at this "pushing" stuff and younger. They are simply not bothered anymore by playing a defensive Novak.

·
Registered
17,308 Posts
Always been "pushing" like he is right now, actually hits fairly flat and deep though

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1 - 8 of 8 Posts