Mens Tennis Forums banner

Will Djokovic's defeat at the RG Final have any effect in his results from now on?

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the beatdown Djokovic suffered by Stanimal in the RG Final make him more vulnerable to other players?

When a #1 Player like Djokovic goes out on court, sometimes the aura of invincibility causes the opponent to lose the match before even starting the first set. Psychology is a strong component in tennis, and players often ride on confidence and on the fear that the rest of the players have for them.

Wawrinka showed the rest of the field that even on clay (arguably Djokovic's best or second best surface) it is possible to annihilate Djokovic by playing a very aggressive, high risk and high reward game. The message this sends to the rest of the players is clear, and it might be especially important as we enter the part of the season played on the fastest surfaces.

Did the RG Final result affect in any way Djokovic's status on the ATP tour, and will it possibly cause him any problems in the future?

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
His previous loses (equally "devastating" - according to haters) in RG had no effect on his Wimbledons.

The same will be here.

BTW, I noticed interesting trend last several days. The worst haters open multiple and numerous threads about Djokovic. They are quite persistent and several of them behave in a similar fashion. Curious?

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Will the beatdown Djokovic suffered by Stanimal in the RG Final make him more vulnerable to other players?

When a #1 Player like Djokovic goes out on court, sometimes the aura of invincibility causes the opponent to lose the match before even starting the first set. Psychology is a strong component in tennis, and players often ride on confidence and on the fear that the rest of the players have for them.

Wawrinka showed the rest of the field that even on clay (arguably Djokovic's best or second best surface) it is possible to annihilate Djokovic by playing a very aggressive, high risk and high reward game. The message this sends to the rest of the players is clear, and it might be especially important as we enter the part of the season played on the fastest surfaces.

Did the RG Final result affect in any way Djokovic's status on the ATP tour, and will it possibly cause him any problems in the future?
Its up to Djokovic himself. Let's understamd Wawrinka put on a freak performance. That caught Djokovic off guard. The rest of the top players can't do that. Wawrinka won't maintain that either. He will play like a mug most of the time. Which is why he only has two slams at 30.

Djokovic can beat anyone out there on his best day. So it's up to him to put that freak loss behind him and play for greater success going forward...

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
FOD is getting scared about the bet :haha:

Needs reassurance.

There is no help though, he will have to leave the forum after Wimbledon. :bigclap:

·
Registered
5,322 Posts
Djokovic is already a very mentally weak player.

Knowing that the whole ATP and probably WTA tour are laughing at him for not winning the easiest RG final he ever has and getting exposed in it will weaken his confidence a lot.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Djokovic is already a very mentally weak player.

Knowing that the whole ATP and probably WTA tour are laughing at him for not winning the easiest RG final he ever has and getting exposed in it will weaken his confidence a lot.
Only FEDERTARDS could make a post like this. Funny how this easy guy to beat in the final gave Federer a three set thrashing. Duh you forgot about that didn't you!!!

·
Registered
721 Posts
It showed only that you have to play insane game just to win against Djokovic so the answer is no. More probably it will cause alert for Wawrinka's power in the rest of the tour. Apart from Stan, the rest is not very different except Nadal has declined this year. As for Djokovic himself - I am not sure for how long he will be miserable but he is a tennis player who has suffered from painful losses so he knows how to deal with it. Actually Federer and Nadal are not used to losing and that's why it affected them more.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
No, this will make him stronger.
on the contrary, after that fateful mental beatdown in the 2013 r garros semi-finals, the serbian's self-confidence in closing out best-of-5 matches has gone down the tubes.. and this latest mental beating to stan- a guy who had never even made a single semi-final in paris before- may just be the straw that broke the camel's back i'm afraid as it's all been downhill since the 2013 semis.. and not just in paris.. take a look:

prior to 2013.. from 2011 aussie open-2013 aussie open: out of 9 slams, he won 5 of the 7 slam finals he was in..

2013 r garros semi-finals: disaster strikes as the serbian falls 0:6 to rafa @ r garros..

from 2013 wimbledon-2015 r garros: out of 8 slams, the serbian's only won 2 of the 6 slam finals he was in.. :eek:

definitely a huge dip in self-confidence/belief in closing out slam finals after rafa derailed him in the 2013 r garros semis.. :shrug:

·
Registered
894 Posts
Hard to say. There is 0 information on what he's doing right now. He's been at least in the semis of Wimbledon since 2010 and he has had tougher periods than this (grandpa dying, childhood coach dying, father in life danger) and he managed to bounce back and win important titles.

Last year he bounced back to win Wimby after RG defeat. My prediction is that he will become more ruthless and aggressive in important matches and play with more risk. Probably gonna further improve his serve and forehand power (since FH failed him in the final).

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Its up to Djokovic himself. Let's understamd Wawrinka put on a freak performance. That caught Djokovic off guard. The rest of the top players can't do that. Wawrinka won't maintain that either. He will play like a mug most of the time. Which is why he only has two slams at 30.

Djokovic can beat anyone out there on his best day. So it's up to him to put that freak loss behind him and play for greater success going forward...
I don't agree completely with this. Because this can change the attitude of any player that has to play Djokovic, especially players that can go on a hot streak for 2 or 3 sets. By showing the way, Wawrinka has demonstrated how it can be done, and has given green light to ball bashers and swashbucklers of the Kyrgios kind to go all out against Djokovic.

Also, I think Wawrinka is a huge problem for Djokovic at this point. He has taken already 2 slams from him (AO 2014, which Djokovic would have won against an injured Nadal, and RG 2015). That has to leave some kind of a mark.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
More hungry, more angry, more motivated. If he had won it that would be that, mission accomplished. Who knows, maybe this loss could bring some good things.
OK, I understand what you mean, thanks.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It showed only that you have to play insane game just to win against Djokovic so the answer is no. More probably it will cause alert for Wawrinka's power in the rest of the tour. Apart from Stan, the rest is not very different except Nadal has declined this year. As for Djokovic himself - I am not sure for how long he will be miserable but he is a tennis player who has suffered from painful losses so he knows how to deal with it. Actually Federer and Nadal are not used to losing and that's why it affected them more.
I understand what you are saying, but I think I look at it from a different point of view. I think some people were under the mistaken assumption that Djokovic is an agressive player, someone who could redirect almost any kind of agression from the opponent and turn it in his favor. What the match showed is that Djokovic has (or at least in the RG Final had) no answers to that kind of a game when taken to sufficiently high levels.

I don't know what psychological sequels Djokovic might have suffered, but maybe like Pidzoja said, it will actually be positive for him.

But in regards to the effect that this loss had on the perception of Nole by the rest of the players, I really can't see a positive side to it. Not as much for the loss in itself, but because Djokovic looked really helpless out there against Wawrinka.

·
Registered
863 Posts
I think it's a fair question to ask. And a question that ONLY Djokovic can answer.- not his fans proclaiming the loss will make him stronger- nor the haters saying he's done the rest of the season.

To work SOOOO hard for something so long and to get closer than u ever thought by removing all iof ur biggest obstacles to lose to a player u dominate can take it's toll which is why the question the threadstarter asks is a good one.

Time will soon tell, so stay tuned.....to be continued!

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
More hungry, more angry, more motivated. If he had won it that would be that, mission accomplished. Who knows, maybe this loss could bring some good things.
that's a pretty big and much too wishful 'maybe'.. the infinitely more likely scenario is that, after missing his golden opportunity when he was up 4-2 in the 5th against rafa in the 2013 semis, n0le's mental confidence regarding r garros is now gone forever.. and then this year he blew his last lifeline after wawa -a guy playing in only his first-ever r garros final- totally embarrassed him in front of the whole world.. trust me, baghdatis will win r garros before n0le does at this rate.. the serbian's been mentally castrated and nothing, short of a huge miracle, is likely to end his future tears in paris.. :shrug:

moral of this sad, sad, sad serbian tale: n0le should've beaten rafa in 2013 when he had the chance.. but, alas, that ship already sailed and ran into an iceberg somewhere in the north atlantic.. they even made a movie about it i believe..

meanwhile, n0le can win as many claycourt masters shields as his little heart desires, but i'm afraid none of them will fill the void left by that elusive r garros trophy that he unfortunately was never man enough to win.. the only one that truly matters!

but hey, maybe rafa can let n0le come over and dust his 9 r garros trophies.. cause that's the closest n0le's gonna come to one!

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
maybe if he faces Wawrinka or Murray. He owns almost everybody else.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts