Mens Tennis Forums banner

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
8,725 Posts
But it can disconcert an opponent, even if it's ever so slightly. When your opponents freaks out like Djokovic did it's impossible to ignore it and it will have some kind of minute effect on you. It breaks your concentration and you may wonder, why did he do that? is he losing his mind? Even that slight loss of focus could change your play and the match rhythm.
Let's see him do that to an equal like Federer or Nadal. I'll assume he doesn't roar like that at them because he knows better and it would look absolutely terrible.

I really hope Novak is not doing that on purpose to freak someone like Berrettini out and that he's just a savage competitor but if he is, it would be a real low.

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Let's see him do that to an equal like Federer or Nadal. I'll assume he doesn't roar like that at them because he knows better and it would look absolutely terrible.

I really hope Novak is not doing that on purpose to freak someone like Berrettini out and that he's just a savage competitor but if he is, it would be a real low.
everybody gets a medal just for showing up in tribalfusions super inclusive happy happy fantasy world.

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Everyone wants Nadal to lose here, so I think I speak for everyone when I say: Go, Djokovic, go
I don't even think it's so much they want Nadal to lose, they just want somebody else to win... That being said i'll take Djokovic over the other two options 100 out of 100 times.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Nole’s bizarre behavior the other night will be meaningless tomorrow. Rafa will beat him easily and feddy will cry in his beer.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
OP is a masterpiece and 100% correct. Djoker needs to enter what I call "McEnroe mode". Pick fights with everything and anyone and become an 100% obnoxious animal for the duration of the match. Mac used to do this purposefully to elevate his level. His GOAT level was as great as anyone, ever. Other players play worse when pissed and go all negative: Murray is a great example of this. If he's whining and bitching you knew he would beat himself. Djoker is like Mac. Smash rackets, call the umpire a c#nt, knock Rafa's water bottles over, yell at his camp, yell at Rafa's camp, cause controversy over ball marks...the possibilities are endless.
He needs to enter this higher level somehow, and for at least two sets, maybe three.
Lol are you serious? OK let's say you are, he should then hit the Umpire with the racket on the throat and be disqualified again (us open).... Go mad is the answer... Yes? I am kidding you. You can't be serious

Skickat från min EML-L29 via Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Based on what, Clay surface? Otherwise neither Diego nor Nadal in Novak's league in ROS & though Berreta not the strongest in ROS, he began reading Novak better by third set, neutralising his serve to take the set & playing close until broken in the fourth set. Besides, if u claim 'serving limited on Clay', ROS should not b so significant anyway so indirectly contradicting Diego's returning levels.

As for the BH, Berreta has been known to have a weaker BH as opposed to his FH but it was doing fine defending Novak & i would venture to say his overall BH UE's to winners stats not much different to Diego over 4 sets. Bottom line being that, in these big QF matches, they both raised their levels but would give Berreta the slight overall edge as stronger opponent.

·
Registered
7,199 Posts
Little too generalised & likely skewed to one surface for me & Diego’s sample size way too small so still need to see how EPO would affects these particular stats or vice versa. Fognini & Simon rated over Fed also makes this a dubious metric.

·
Registered
21,492 Posts

are you seriously even suggesting this?

freak Berrettini out by kicking the engie board and screaming in a short but extremely distinctive manner?

How's that freak somebody out.

I feel like freaking the opponent would be prolonged talking, chatter, walking over slowly, etc.. thats gamesmanship.

·
Registered
18 Posts
in answer to the thread. he is definitely about to unleash his crazy. to that extent i hope guy forget has a mental health professional on call.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
The answer was yes, and there was zero Nadal could do about it. Sanity is overrated!

Reactions: SuperG

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·

·
Registered
2,565 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,177 Posts

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
He's got an element of crazy. But unlike Norman Bates and Hannibal Lectre, he's in full control of it :0

61 - 78 of 78 Posts