Mens Tennis Forums banner

41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Outside of seeing himself the winner, watching that match would be pointless as 2015 was Rafa’s worst level ever as a pro.
Djokovic provoked Rafa to play that worst level, it didn't just happen by accident without reason.

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Because there's not a strong evidence that his behavior was psychopathic. If it was psychopathic then many of these football players and basketball players and their fans are psychopathic because of how they lose their cool in pressure moments.

Psychopaths are very calculated, very manipulative. Does that seem like Djokovic to you?
They are the type of people that you would think were the coolest guys but it's an act, in secret they don't really have much emotion.

People on MTF like to say a bunch of stuff with so much authority, you would think they were experts on the subject.

Novak might want it more, but there's nothing healthy about roaring and prancing around like a baboon. Nadal is certainly correct in that regard.

I have no idea how so many people on this forum think psychopathic behaviour like that is merely 'passion'.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
OP is a masterpiece and 100% correct. Djoker needs to enter what I call "McEnroe mode". Pick fights with everything and anyone and become an 100% obnoxious animal for the duration of the match. Mac used to do this purposefully to elevate his level. His GOAT level was as great as anyone, ever. Other players play worse when pissed and go all negative: Murray is a great example of this. If he's whining and bitching you knew he would beat himself. Djoker is like Mac. Smash rackets, call the umpire a c#nt, knock Rafa's water bottles over, yell at his camp, yell at Rafa's camp, cause controversy over ball marks...the possibilities are endless.
He needs to enter this higher level somehow, and for at least two sets, maybe three.

Reactions: dostoyevsky

·
Registered
776 Posts
He should of been penalized. It’s against the rules to damage property no matter your motivations.

·
Registered
21,492 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,177 Posts

·
Registered
21,492 Posts
Recent examples: 2015 WB + 2019 / 2021 AO finals
How did Djokovic unleash his beast in the 2015 WB F or 2019 AO F?

You realize he is talking about physical expression here? Otherwise the Berrettini match would hardly be that.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
McEnroe was a great player with limited intelligence. No one really wants to be that pathetic sycophant.
I wish Djoker could be less of a Fedal fanboy.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Some folks here need a reality check. We've seen these beastly roars before, the years he dominated in particular (2011, 2015) but they would come when he played and won an amazing point against a strong opponent and it made sense (I find his reactions cringeworthy but that's just me) this time we saw nothing of that sort. It was no reaction to an amazing point he won, it was an exposition of rage after the opponent hit a fantastic winner on match point, no less. Djokovic has issues accepting his opponents playing well, it's almost as if he expects them to bend over to him quickly and easily and when that doesn't happen, he sometimes reacts negatively.

The roar scares no one, rather than a show of strength it was evidence of weakness and frustration.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
He wasn’t there to show anything to you. He was yelling because he enjoyed tennis. He’s getting tons of money and winning numerous matches. Nobody worries about what Fedal and radical Fedal muppets think.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Yes let's hope Djokovic unleashes his inner crazy beast and actually beats Nadal :)

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Some folks here need a reality check. We've seen these beastly roars before, the years he dominated in particular (2011, 2015) but they would come when he played and won an amazing point against a strong opponent and it made sense (I find his reactions cringeworthy but that's just me) this time we saw nothing of that sort. It was no reaction to an amazing point he won, it was an exposition of rage after the opponent hit a fantastic winner on match point, no less. Djokovic has issues accepting his opponents playing well, it's almost as if he expects them to bend over to him quickly and easily and when that doesn't happen, he sometimes reacts negatively.

The roar scares no one, rather than a show of strength it was evidence of weakness and frustration.
But it can disconcert an opponent, even if it's ever so slightly. When your opponents freaks out like Djokovic did it's impossible to ignore it and it will have some kind of minute effect on you. It breaks your concentration and you may wonder, why did he do that? is he losing his mind? Even that slight loss of focus could change your play and the match rhythm.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Bull kept staring at his opponent like he hated his guts. He was questioned about it on Eurosport and he pretended that he was just working hard. LMAO
Haha. He laughs it off like he was embarrassed but he definitely did give him evils

·
Registered
7,199 Posts
Mate, really, you just don't know what are you talking about.

Dunno if I ever wrote this, but you are writing stupid stuff all the time. Every.....freakin....post....

Berrettini has very good serve and strong FH, but he is very bad on ROS (dunno if Djoko ever faced a BP against Matteo during whole match), his BH is weak and he is almost unable to construct a point. Diego is 3rd best returner atm (behind Djokodal), while Matteo is nowhere to be seen. Diego was the most challenging player for Nadal at RG 2018 and 2020 (and check who played Nadal in those years). Yes, he has no serve, but serve as a whole is quite limited on clay (just check how successful are Isner, Karlovic or Raonic on clay comparing to other surfaces). So the lack of serve is not such significant problem on clay, especially when you are top returner, you have both FH and BH and you are able to cover the whole court, have the movement adjusted to clay and you have some gameplan, not just hitting powerful FHs like there's no tomorrow. There is simply a reason why Diego reached top 10 despite he has success almost exclusively on clay. While Berrettini relies on his serve and you really can't be successful on clay by just hitting bombs, you need variety....

After all I genuinely think you are writing this nonsense only as a jinx attempts....which is actually very silly somebody believes this stuff in 21st century....
Based on what, Clay surface? Otherwise neither Diego nor Nadal in Novak's league in ROS & though Berreta not the strongest in ROS, he began reading Novak better by third set, neutralising his serve to take the set & playing close until broken in the fourth set. Besides, if u claim 'serving limited on Clay', ROS should not b so significant anyway so indirectly contradicting Diego's returning levels.

As for the BH, Berreta has been known to have a weaker BH as opposed to his FH but it was doing fine defending Novak & i would venture to say his overall BH UE's to winners stats not much different to Diego over 4 sets. Bottom line being that, in these big QF matches, they both raised their levels but would give Berreta the slight overall edge as stronger opponent.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Diego had no serve by 4th set and his return was awful. What great game were Bull fans describing?
Matteo had serve and return. Usually, no one breaks him 3 times in a row in 4th sets.

·
WOAT Predictor
1,345 Posts
It's going to be like Rome final, he'll stay cool the whole match knowing he has 0 chance to win even after taking a gift set

41 - 60 of 78 Posts