Mens Tennis Forums banner

21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
11,011 Posts
I really think the outburst in the end, and the tenacity throughout the whole match, was because he knew Rafa (or his team) was watching. Didn't have any of this behaviour during the Musetti match.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
He doesn’t need any histrionics.
I’m happier about counting the 99% of matches that Fedal lose. Schadenfreude is good!!!

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Emotional adrenaline helps an athlete perform at a higher level.

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
If he does then no one is safe. Particularly the ball kids and the line judges.
he will never make that mistake again. Lesson learned the very hard way.

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
In all seriousness I hope so too. I don't think Novak's career should be defined by that mistake but I have to admit that I watch him sometimes and think he is one failed drop shot away from doing something crazy.
Serena threatened bodiy harm and murder on the court. Hopefully that won't ever be surpassed.

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
Lol a real psychopath tries to hide his nature.
May be he does when he delivers his warmth at the end of matches. Of course all this is figurative talk and he needs more than attittude to beat Rafa.

He surely needs to go all out mad attacking if he's to win , engaging from the back grinding Rafa is not gonna cut it on his turf .

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
What happen to the hugging in the air he use to do. Instead Baboonovic

Skickat från min EML-L29 via Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Djokovic knows what it takes to beat Rafa on clay at RG, he has done it. Maybe sit down and rewatch that match with his team.

·
Your visions will happen
52,306 Posts
Emotional adrenaline...

Lleyton Hewitt maximized his tennis performances by utilizing the very powerful energy source of emotional adrenaline – there is not a shred of a hint of doubt about this. The Hall of Fame boxing trainer Emanuel Steward once told me about one of his fistic champions: “You watch him talk sometimes about (boxing an opponent) in his interviews and he almost comes to tears at times. That emotional intensity brings out extra talents.”

I remember a report that said Hewitt used to watch Rocky every night before a match

I really think the outburst in the end, and the tenacity throughout the whole match, was because he knew Rafa (or his team) was watching. Didn't have any of this behaviour during the Musetti match.
Maybe. The Art Of War for sure. Send a message to your next opponent immediately after finishing your previous opponent

·
Premium Member
24,177 Posts
He's already crazy. The howl was pathetic.
No, OP wasn't suggesting his "batshit crazy". Just his regular beast mode crazy which wins him the biggest staged matches.

Nadal has it too, but that regularly only works at RG (maybe worked also at 2010 USO) and that is not that strong.

·
Premium Member
24,177 Posts
Bull kept staring at his opponent like he hated his guts. He was questioned about it on Eurosport and he pretended that he was just working hard. LMAO
Yes, Nadal has his intimidating "death stare" when he was about to up his ante, yet it is never criticized by his aficionados.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Legendary stuff from NOLE!

Pure emotions and passion!

Rafole going to be brutal

·
Registered
8,201 Posts
Let's just hope there will be no casualties when No1e fully unleashes his inner crazy spartan warrior.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Berrettini peaked, especially on serve. Moreover, Schwartzman has 0 serve, it is so much easier to break him.
Mate, really, you just don't know what are you talking about.

Dunno if I ever wrote this, but you are writing stupid stuff all the time. Every.....freakin....post....

Berrettini has very good serve and strong FH, but he is very bad on ROS (dunno if Djoko ever faced a BP against Matteo during whole match), his BH is weak and he is almost unable to construct a point. Diego is 3rd best returner atm (behind Djokodal), while Matteo is nowhere to be seen. Diego was the most challenging player for Nadal at RG 2018 and 2020 (and check who played Nadal in those years). Yes, he has no serve, but serve as a whole is quite limited on clay (just check how successful are Isner, Karlovic or Raonic on clay comparing to other surfaces). So the lack of serve is not such significant problem on clay, especially when you are top returner, you have both FH and BH and you are able to cover the whole court, have the movement adjusted to clay and you have some gameplan, not just hitting powerful FHs like there's no tomorrow. There is simply a reason why Diego reached top 10 despite he has success almost exclusively on clay. While Berrettini relies on his serve and you really can't be successful on clay by just hitting bombs, you need variety....

After all I genuinely think you are writing this nonsense only as a jinx attempts....which is actually very silly somebody believes this stuff in 21st century....

21 - 40 of 78 Posts