Mens Tennis Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
External factor expert
4,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not questioning whether being Gay is wrong or not. In my opinion Gay people should be able to marry whoever they want as long as they dont bother straight people. Furthermore I believe Gay people have earned a place to rest after centuries of mistreatment.
We have the gouvernement fighting for gay rights, talk shows, series, companies and what not, all advocating for the well-being of gay people. Eurovision 2014 is a primary example how Europe thinks about Gay people. It's pretty much accepted in the western countries, unless ofcourse you happen to shoot a video in a church with 2 naked males kissing then you might get in a little trouble. I think this incident happened in Denmark not sure about that tho.

This all works fine with me, but as of late I have the feeling after Gays have finaly been accepted, they're now trying to force me to believe gay is a natural way of life.
I believe a man loving a woman, reproducing is a natural way of life. I'm an expert analyst, not only tenniswise, so I deicided to devote some of my precious time in this case.
I can't make a clear judgement by just analysing humans, in order to truly find out whether gay is a natural way of life, we must compare all the species on planet earth.

We must raise questions in order to find asnwers.
Does any other specie interact with the same gender? Also does that specific specie interact with the females as well?

To find our answer we must observe 8.7 million species on earth. Good luck with that and this thread.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Hmmm interesting, is being gay natural?

Before I begin, what I would like to say is that being gay is fundamentally just as right as being straight, and that "natural" does not necessarily equate to being good.

I'm not a biologist, rather a philosopher and a practiser of logic, I haven't studied all of the species of the Earth, in fact I haven't studied any in any particularly great detail, besides our own.

Nature in itself, however, is simply the driving force of our environment, and I would go as far as to say that Evolution is a tool of Nature, making things conform to compete in their surrounding environment.

With this definition, therefore, and taking the way that evolution has worked for millions of years, i.e. almost entirely unconstrained by mankind, the natural thing to do would be to reproduce for the sake of creating children. Thus being homosexual, as being exclusively homosexual runs contrary to conforming with Natural Selection, could be described as "unnatural" in this environment.

However, this is not the only environment that we have to consider, we also have to consider the social environment in which the majority of us live, in which sex is not simply for reproduction, but also primarily for pleasure, among other things. There is no driving force in social life to have children, although there may be one to form connections with other people or groups. In this context, could you say that it were unnatural to form a romantic relationship with them based on the fact that you cannot reproduce with them? I would say that it were perfectly natural and conformative to our social environment.

The question "is being gay natural?" is slightly loaded, as you have to take both of these definitions into consideration. I would say that in the Darwinistic evolutionary sense, it is not natural to form a long-term relationship with a person that cannot enable you to beget children. However, in the more important context of our social environment, there is nothing unnatural about associating romantically with a human being.

But then if natural were right then the right thing for me to do would be to murder everyone who I don't like and take their girlfriends as my war-booty, so...

Reactions: Nole Rules

·
The Master
1,102 Posts
I'm not questioning whether being Gay is wrong or not. In my opinion Gay people should be able to marry whoever they want as long as they dont bother straight people. Furthermore I believe Gay people have earned a place to rest after centuries of mistreatment.
We have the gouvernement fighting for gay rights, talk shows, series, companies and what not, all advocating for the well-being of gay people. Eurovision 2014 is a primary example how Europe thinks about Gay people. It's pretty much accepted in the western countries, unless ofcourse you happen to shoot a video in a church with 2 naked males kissing then you might get in a little trouble. I think this incident happened in Denmark not sure about that tho.

This all works fine with me, but as of late I have the feeling after Gays have finaly been accepted, they're now trying to force me to believe gay is a natural way of life.
I believe a man loving a woman, reproducing is a natural way of life. I'm an expert analyst, not only tenniswise, so I deicided to devote some of my precious time in this case.
I can't make a clear judgement by just analysing humans, in order to truly find out whether gay is a natural way of life, we must compare all the species on planet earth.

We must raise questions in order to find asnwers.
Does any other specie interact with the same gender? Also does that specific specie interact with the females as well?

To find our answer we must observe 8.7 million species on earth. Good luck with that and this thread.
It depends on how you define "natural" IMO.

As for other species, homosexuality has been observed in many non-human species, so I would say it is natural if that's how we're defining it.

·
Registered
10,804 Posts
It is certainly more natural for its practitioners than condoms, coils and contraceptive pills are for heterosexuals who don't want sex to lead to its natural outcome.

·
Registered
19,325 Posts
It is certainly more natural for its practitioners than condoms, coils and contraceptive pills are for heterosexuals who don't want sex to lead to its natural outcome.
And when you think you've read it all on the internet, there's this

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
homosexuality is very well accepted nowadays in Western societies, which is good.

sexism is rejected and that is great too.

The problem - with so much fight for this to happen, nowadays, even an anodyne theory kinda inverse of what these fights have been about is equal to social exclusion and bullying, just like one other matter, that i wouldn't even dare naming out loud.

So, now if anyone even considers measuring the productivity of male vs female workers, in order to have argumented reasons why the average male is somewhat better paid than the average working woman, he is pretty much banned from doing it.

Same goes for the roots of sexuality. Anyone to have recently heard about studies on the subject - is homosexuality in our genes, or is it socially acquired?

It's been screamed loud and clear from the militants that it is genetic, which has never been proven, nor has been proven the inverse, but it is now associated to homophobia, to even ask the question. What to say about financing scientific researches and such..

So, from being the least homophobic you'll find, i would still be treated as one, just watch. And it is a shame.

·
Registered
10,804 Posts
What is false about my statement? Actively inventing things to prevent the function of sex from being fulfilled is unnatural. The whole point of contraception is to curtail a natural biological imperative for the sake of hedonism. Homosexuals do put it in the wrong hole, but heterosexual sluts use the right hole and artifically make it sterile with all kinds of contraceptives.

None of this has anything to do with clownish concepts like "morality" or "right and wrong", obviously.

·
Banned
56 Posts
"natural" does not necessarily equate to being good.
I don't believe that , natural is good and right , unnatural is bad and wrong
that's the only true and real measure of right and wrong , not some religious text
or some pseudo-intellectual " philosophical" nonesense
human morality , human consciousness are part of nature , humans are part of nature not separate from it
murdering everyone and stealing their girlfriends as war-booty, is not really natural

As for homosexuality , scientists determined that is not a mental disorder or an illness
, it's not a choice , there's no magical cure for it that will turn you straight
so i believe it is natural , although we are still not sure of its evolutionary purpose

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
link to that study where scientists determine anything at all about the subject pls..

And i disagree about "natural/unnatural" being the main and even less the only denominator for right and wrong.

If we were going by the rules of natural, we'd be 100bil on this planet, like many years ago, right before it would have collapsed..

Nature is a good base for many things in life, but nature has awarded us with brain capacity, so not using it and laying everything in the hands of whatever firm, non-evolving rule you wanna choose, is just...unnatural?

·
Registered
918 Posts
It depends on how you define "natural" IMO.

As for other species, homosexuality has been observed in many non-human species, so I would say it is natural if that's how we're defining it.
Natural is anything that is free and promoting life. When living beings are free they promote life one way or the other. Since most people today are domesticated and afraid of real freedom, they are going in the opposite way, domestication and death.

Hence homosexuality is one of the mainstays of such domesticated death culture that is very fascinated with security, pleasure and pursuit of both while extremely fearful of life, death and freedom and looking to curtail all of it . And please stop promoting non sense about **** animals, pretty much every other animal is just sexual in procreation times.

·
Registered
918 Posts
sexuality is natural in any form so i'd say yes.
This is a confusion of a domesticated human but in nature there is no such a confusion. Things that are natural promote life and interaction of all forms of life, homosexuality does neither, hence it will never be seen in a natural setting.

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
the pretended leaf makes me wanna support homosexuality being natural...

So, let's see...who said homosexuality is only for domesticated humans? I'm pretty sure the Sapiens is not called **** for nothing. They've most probably been playing around way back.

Several kinds of animals have homosexual fun as well, in the wild, despite all the BS stated in such a strict tonality... :lol:

·
The Master
1,102 Posts
Natural is anything that is free and promoting life. When living beings are free they promote life one way or the other. Since most people today are domesticated and afraid of real freedom, they are going in the opposite way, domestication and death.

Hence homosexuality is one of the mainstays of such domesticated death culture that is very fascinated with security, pleasure and pursuit of both while extremely fearful of life, death and freedom and looking to curtail all of it . And please stop promoting non sense about **** animals, pretty much every other animal is just sexual in procreation times.
It's 2015, using Google for fifteen seconds will offer all the (reliable) proof you need that:

a) Homosexuality is natural
b) There's plenty of animals who are

We're past the stage in history where one can spout non-factual, bigoted views such as your own (death culture - really?) and expect to have any actual credibility, things are just too easy to check for ourselves.

:)

·
Registered
918 Posts
the pretended leaf makes me wanna support homosexuality being natural...

So, let's see...who said homosexuality is only for domesticated humans? I'm pretty sure the Sapiens is not called **** for nothing. They've most probably been playing around way back.

Several kinds of animals have homosexual fun as well, in the wild, despite all the BS stated in such a strict tonality... :lol:
The old worn out argument that is just repeated that is absolutely never seen nor will it ever be seen. And yes, activists have gone out to isolated people in amazon, africa and asia and none of them know anything about homosexuality. No wild animals could ever practice homosexuality nor do any wild humans if there still are left of them.

I can't see any fun in there but then again I like walking outdoors better.

·
Registered
918 Posts
It's 2015, using Google for fifteen seconds will offer all the (reliable) proof you need that:

a) Homosexuality is natural
b) There's plenty of animals who are

We're past the stage in history where one can spout non-factual, bigoted views such as your own (death culture - really?) and expect to have any actual credibility, things are just too easy to check for ourselves.

:)
Did I hurt your feelings, well you can call it natural if it makes you sleep better just take it easy but then again maybe you like to see yourself a victim . There is nothing natural in the real world about it since it's anti life or if it is then everything is natural and thus meaningless. No wild animals could ever practice it and I have never seen it , don't bring me fabricated stuff or statements from the talking heads.

·
The Master
1,102 Posts
Did I hurt your feelings, well you can call it natural if it makes you sleep better just take it easy but then again maybe you like to see yourself a victim . There is nothing natural in the real world about it since it's anti life or if it is then everything is natural and thus meaningless. No wild animals could ever practice it and I have never seen it , don't bring me fabricated stuff or statements from the talking heads.
Scientists are talking heads now are they?
Oh lord. :lol:

The other thing about 2015 is that as every year goes by, there is less and less space for such old-fashioned views.
Society renews itself, it evolves, and intolerance gets squeezed out.
Look how far we've come on racial discrimination in the last century.

"Anti-life"?
Please.
You can't take anyone who says that kind of stuff seriously, do you want us to just accept this as gospel truth or something?
Google exposes this argument in <15s.

Science is a thing these days, and so is the internet, we don't have to rely on some old fart reading a book of fairytales in latin to give us the answers any more.

·
Registered
7,028 Posts

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

You're username really suits you.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.