Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before Hewitt retired, he was hired by Aussie Channel 7 to do the commentary in his turf @ AO (provided he had lost the match) and still doing it after he has retired.

Seems like Andy is also doing it as well (joining tomorrow also in his own turf @ Wimbledon), except that he has not played this year.

I think he might be do well and knows what he is talking about. Will be interesting how he presents, I never heard how he talks from the commentary box before. After all, he has faced ALL opponents that he played, its just the matter of whether he can speak and anaylse as good as Hewitt.

Your thoughts?

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Andy just said in the commentary box stating Novak is in peak form and looks like he was the man to win the title.

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
Andy just said in the commentary box stating Novak is in peak form and looks like he was the man to win the title.
That's good to hear, however still to be taken with a grain of salt, since he is not playing in this tournament. Yes, he won it twice showing his best grass court tennis (apart from Olympics '12), though he is not an insider currently. I mean if you are part of the process you might be better able to evaluate the performance of your peers...

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,629 Posts
That's good to hear, however still to be taken with a grain of salt, since he is not playing in this tournament. Yes, he won it twice showing his best grass court tennis (apart from Olympics '12), though he is not an insider currently. I mean if you are part of the process you might be better able to evaluate the performance of your peers...
I'm sure he's been watching matches.

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
Hewitt has not retired. What are you talking about? :p

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I thought he was going to be boring and awkward, but to be perfectly honest I found him on point and relevant - a good performance for his first time. Made me dislike him a little less :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts