Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
8,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The answer in my opinion is yes, by absolute miles.

I think none of the others come close to him right now except maybe Stef.

The only worry is grass but to be honest Medvedev,Thiem and Zverev are not up to too much on grass either.

Luckily the atp stupidly have fuck all grass events.

What do MTF feel about this naughty claim??

·
Registered
16,316 Posts
Big no

Reactions: Servebots=GOAT

·
Registered
8,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Super Moderator
10,803 Posts
I think Thiem clear 3 and Rublev 4/5 at the moment, pretty even with Stefanos .

Should be some excellent battles next year with Tsitsipas/Rublev/Shapovalov

·
justice for all
15,151 Posts
With Thiem being a 60-100 player and Vasek being a TOP20 player anything is possible.
You should create an alternative ranking in an alternative world, bro.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Yes, his grunt puts him to top 3 in the world right now.

·
Registered
8,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think Thiem clear 3 and Rublev 4/5 at the moment, pretty even with Stefanos .

Should be some excellent battles next year with Tsitsipas/Rublev/Shapovalov
Super moderator now, well deserved :)

Reactions: nachotuerto

·
justice for all
15,151 Posts
He lost in straights to Zverev, Medveded and Tsitsipas in the slams this year. He’s not better than them sorry
Truth is he'll always be too one-dimensional to be a consistent TOP5 player (he might be a TOP10 though). I can see him making a lot of R4-s/ QF-s and occasionally SF-s at slams but not better than that.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
He lost in straights to Zverev, Medveded and Tsitsipas in the slams this year. He’s not better than them sorry
Basically this.. If roger comes healthy I have basically for next year

1 tier. Rafa, Nole and Roger
2 tier. Thiem stands alone
3 tier. Zverev , Tsitsipas and Maybe Medvedev.. but he seems to be slowly falling down of this tier
4 outside chances.. Wawrinka (if he fix his fitness), Sinner..but needs more matches and maturity

All the rest are a big fat no, excluding players at specific courts.. like Schwartzman grabbing a m1000 clay master 1000, etc.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
He's had a very good year. Just lacking that slam run so far although quarters in US and French were good efforts. Looked strong in the early rounds and who knows if he'd won the first sets in those respective quarters which he should've done.

·
Registered
13,801 Posts
Rublev's serve has also gotten enormously better this year it seems judging by the stats. Can anybody who has watched him frequently verify?

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
extremely good, exciting player, definite Slam possibility.... but his 'bweeeeee' shriek, and switching it on and off, is becoming annoying as fck.

·
Registered
8,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
He's had a very good year. Just lacking that slam run so far although quarters in US and French were good efforts. Looked strong in the early rounds and who knows if he'd won the first sets in those respective quarters which he should've done.
Not sure how many others made both QF

Only carreno and Djok maybe

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Not sure how many others made both QF

Only carreno and Djok maybe
Only Djokovic has won more matches on the tour this year.

Rubes done well sweeping up the 250s this year and probably not finished yet. Next step is masters and a slam SF within next two years.

I presume he's in WTF so given the "shock" winners in last 3 years he might have a run at that aswell.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Only Djokovic has won more matches on the tour this year.

Rubes done well sweeping up the 250s this year and probably not finished yet. Next step is masters and a slam SF within next two years.

I presume he's in WTF so given the "shock" winners in last 3 years he might have a run at that aswell.
The onIy “shocking” winner in last few years being Dimitrov but when your SF & finaI opponents r Sock & Goffin, not so shocking. Unusually aberrant season.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts