• Shut Up

Votes: 9 60.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems to not have alot of fans and yet at the age of 23 was only ranked around at the highest of 95 in the world and has got to the 4th round of RG back to back and AO and now Wimbledon and is ranked 18th.
Interesting fact 1/5 of Andersons loses of the 2 years have been against Berdych :facepalm:
I think he better to watch than alot of players :shrug:

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
Reason he is as high ranked as he is and has achieved as much as he has, is because of his mental toughness.

He's completely redlined his game, squeezes every ounce of talent he has out of him, with the tactical aid and support of Craig O'Shannessy.

This couldn't be any more further from the truth.

I don't think he is under-rated at all, or over-rated, he is what he is.

Bish, bash, bosh. Slam in first serves, kick in second serves and attack the returns remaining as much on the front-foot as possible before closing off / down the net for the easy volley. He's a front-foot player with very little talent.

Just because he squeezed out a dude that doesn't give a monkies about grass, doesn't mean he's under-rated. lol He's immobile because of his size and poor technically off both groundstrokes (BH and FH) ... has the touch of a rapist and is about as elegant with his style as Birdshit with his court tantrums.

·
Banned
9,211 Posts

·
Registered
12,469 Posts
He's completely redlined his game, squeezes every ounce of talent he has out of him, with the tactical aid and support of Craig O'Shannessy.
Pretty much this. Anderson isn't going much higher in the rankings nor is he ever going to trouble the top 4 (only 2 wins, one of which was 2008 Djokovic who was very beatable at the time).

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
'Kevin Anderson underrated?' < 08-01-2013, 11:20 PM

58 minutes later.......

'Is Anderson the most underrated player in tennis?' < Today, 12:18 AM

:haha:

Let's laugh again, but this time harder.

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Reason he is as high ranked as he is and has achieved as much as he has, is because of his mental toughness.

Bish, bash, bosh. Slam in first serves, kick in second serves and attack the returns remaining as much on the front-foot as possible before closing off / down the net for the easy volley. He's a front-foot player with very little talent.

Just because he squeezed out a dude that doesn't give a monkies about grass, doesn't mean he's under-rated. lol He's immobile because of his size and poor technically off both groundstrokes (BH and FH) ... has the touch of a rapist and is about as elegant with his style as Birdshit with his court tantrums.
Quality analysis except for this little gem right here. 7/10

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
Quality analysis except for this little gem right here. 7/10
Howmany times do you see Anderson come up with 3 clutch second serves that kick up high and draw the short return at 0-40 down??? That guy has gutted his socks off interms of effort-application, dedication and focus to his every training session and match on the tour.

Everybody tightens up and chokes at critical points during various matches and may be it's even more difficult for somebody like Anderson, who is as dependent on his serve as any player out there, knowing he has to make big serves almost each and every time to give himself a hope.

Generally when you're under-pressure your weaknesses show more, they become more prominent and likely to cause you an unforced error. It's easier to cope with/on pressure points when you are technically better on whatever shot / shots you are playing. Technically, Anderson is awful off both the forehand and backhand wings. That's why the bloke gets tight and chokes forehand and backhands. This puts even more pressure on him to end the point with a huge serve, be it first or second... setting up the easy one two punch combination.

Think about it, when we see Ferrer get tight and miss, generally it is his backhand he misses right? Federer, his backhand. (Not saying these are technically poor shots from either of these players, but they're their weaker sides) Murray it's his forehand, when he's feeling tight.

It's difficult to redline your game on big-pressure points. The best players in the world are able to play WITHIN themselves and still win points. Anderson? He has to hit the lines each and everytime with his groundstrokes, Murray, Djokovic, Nadal, Ferrer, Federer etc all play aggressively into big spaces to aid them winning points, allowing them to cope better when the pressure is on to win a point they simply need to win. lol

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
You know what? Mathius Bachinger actually has a fairly similar game to Kevin Anderson and infact, I would consider him more capable / talented than Anderson with that style / game.

Only reason Bachinger hasn't reached the heights Anderson has is because he is an / the ultimate head-case. Anderson is actually one of the few people on the ATP tour who is currently punching above their weight, if you must know.

Others punching above their weight division:

Bautista Agut
Granollers
Ferrer
Dodig
Seppi
Falla
Benneteu
Sousa
Estrella

I could spot out somany challenger players out there with better games and bigger talent than these guys, but the fact of the matter is they're not mentally equipped and therefore comfortable to play at the highest tour level of tennis.

Look at for instance Lukas Lacko? Biggest waste of talent I've ever seen in my entire life. Zeballos? Another one. Gojowicz, Copil, there's somany, I could go on.

·
Registered
27,181 Posts
Howmany times do you see Anderson come up with 3 clutch second serves that kick up high and draw the short return at 0-40 down??? That guy has gutted his socks off interms of effort-application, dedication and focus to his every training session and match on the tour.

Everybody tightens up and chokes at critical points during various matches and may be it's even more difficult for somebody like Anderson, who is as dependent on his serve as any player out there, knowing he has to make big serves almost each and every time to give himself a hope.

Generally when you're under-pressure your weaknesses show more, they become more prominent and likely to cause you an unforced error. It's easier to cope with/on pressure points when you are technically better on whatever shot / shots you are playing. Technically, Anderson is awful off both the forehand and backhand wings. That's why the bloke gets tight and chokes forehand and backhands. This puts even more pressure on him to end the point with a huge serve, be it first or second... setting up the easy one two punch combination.

Think about it, when we see Ferrer get tight and miss, generally it is his backhand he misses right? Federer, his backhand. (Not saying these are technically poor shots from either of these players, but they're their weaker sides) Murray it's his forehand, when he's feeling tight.

It's difficult to redline your game on big-pressure points. The best players in the world are able to play WITHIN themselves and still win points. Anderson? He has to hit the lines each and everytime with his groundstrokes, Murray, Djokovic, Nadal, Ferrer, Federer etc all play aggressively into big spaces to aid them winning points, allowing them to cope better when the pressure is on to win a point they simply need to win. lol
Welcome back :bigwave:

·
Bring it Home
20,320 Posts
You know what? Mathius Bachinger actually has a fairly similar game to Kevin Anderson and infact, I would consider him more capable / talented than Anderson with that style / game.

Only reason Bachinger hasn't reached the heights Anderson has is because he is an / the ultimate head-case. Anderson is actually one of the few people on the ATP tour who is currently punching above their weight, if you must know.

Others punching above their weight division:

Bautista Agut
Granollers
Ferrer
Dodig
Seppi
Falla
Benneteu
Sousa
Estrella

I could spot out somany challenger players out there with better games and bigger talent than these guys, but the fact of the matter is they're not mentally equipped and therefore comfortable to play at the highest tour level of tennis.

Look at for instance Lukas Lacko? Biggest waste of talent I've ever seen in my entire life. Zeballos? Another one. Gojowicz, Copil, there's somany, I could go on.
Agree on these two, they're surely TOP 20 material based on talent.

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
Agree on these two, they're surely TOP 20 material based on talent.
Dunno about top 20, but certainly where Anderson is about, top 30-50. Yeah.

·
Banned
9,211 Posts

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Not the most under rated but more overlooked.
He's just there in the draw, not many look for him or consider he can have a very good game now and then.

·
Registered
5,482 Posts
he's certainly not appreciated enough on here for my liking. I think it's great how far he has come. He might even go a little bit further, but top 10 is out of the question I think. My only hope is that he will beat Berdych atleast once in his career.

·
Banned
6,672 Posts

Most ridiculous comment I've ever read on MTF, and that says an awful lot. Anderson is the biggest choker in the history of the sport, but at least he is improving slightly in that area.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts