Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,667 Posts
Partial indicator, yes. However, a lot depends on opponent's level. A superior player could have great stats against a mug but can't maintain them against a super rival (i.e. he has to hit "winners" a few times in a rally to win it or makes an UE after a few high-level shots by an opponent). OTOH matches between top players can have similar W/UE numbers and still are very high level contests: an error after 20-shot intense rally is not that bad but influences negatively W/UE stats. Or a forced error after a great shot by an opponent (no change in W/UE stat despite great play). Also forced errors are missing in official stats and they constitute a large percentage of points (one can calculate them though). Another aspect is misclassification of forced/unforced errors, which can worsen stats of great matches.

·
Registered
22,082 Posts
It's a misleading statline. if you want to know the level of a match, just watch it or at least catch some highlights. Not every UE or winner is created equally.
😂

"If you want to know the level of a match, catch some highlights."

Another gem.

Do you have a PayPal members can donate to?

·
Your visions will happen
48,564 Posts
No, you have to actually watch the match and feel the battle

·
Registered
16,777 Posts
Look I'm flattered that you have a massive hard on for me but I'm just into you, sorry mate
You are MTF's Timothée Chalamet, aren't you?

·
Registered
6,325 Posts

Reactions: Djoker

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
Simply put, a lot of winners with few unforced errors almost always means you played a good match. It doesn’t necessarily indicate level and also the opposite doesn’t necessarily mean a player had a bad match either. Obviously there is no substitute for watching the match.

·
Registered
22,082 Posts
That's your burn, casual typos? Stan del Potro roasts me 100x better than you and he's like 9 years old.
You can't live with me when it comes to discussing tennis, we've established that, so I'm just playing you (and beating you, evidently) at your own game.

😂 I really get under your skin. You're so easy to wind up. A real beta.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You can't live with me when it comes to discussing tennis, we've established that, so I'm just playing you (and beating you, evidently) at your own game.

Dimitard is good. But we all have some bad sides you know(((

·
Registered
22,082 Posts
Dimitard is good. But we all have some bad sides you know(((
They (careful pronoun selection) are clueless, but you are a fantastic member of this forum, an asset, because you are interested in discussing tennis. It's always a pleasure to discuss with you. (y)

·
3,345 Posts

Bro I'm literally asking you to roast me and the best you can come up with is ur dumb beta boy

1 - 18 of 18 Posts