Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Watch Andre looking at this guy practice, what would you describe is going through Andre's mind? :) It's in the first ten seconds.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What's going through his mind is if this thread was really necessary.
When a man looks at another man like that, absolutely paralyzed like a statue, you gotta wonder.

·
Premium Member
20,578 Posts
I don't think he is staring at the guy at all. His eyes are looking straight ahead and his head is not turned enough to be looking at the practising player; it's more like he's staring across the middle of the court rather than up towards the baseline.

Also, that's not a "love stare" -- it's the 1,000-yard stare of someone lost in their own thoughts. The person's eyes are open but they don't really "see" what they seem to be looking at; they are way deep inside their own heads, wondering how to rearrange the furniture in their living room to improve their feng shui, or whether to just say "fuck it all," sell their house and furniture and just live in a motorhome.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
If I look closely, and I'm known to have a pretty good read on people, I see a man thinking about his lost N64 super Mario cartridge. The one that didn't seem to work anymore and all the players on the ATP tour at that time guaranteed him that if he just blew into the cartridge, it would work again. I see him thinking that he was almost at the last castle. The one were Bowser truly is, not some fake or child Bowser. I see him wondering how fate messed with him by screwing up his cartridge at that exact point. You can read his hollow stare and eyes and feel his distraction as pain for never been able to go back and save dear princess Peach. We're looking at a man deeply pained by the wrongs of some cruel gaming gods. A man who has never been able to come to peace over the loss of his peach. I can't understand that you people can misread this so badly. Everybody who has ever blown into a cartridge out of sheer desperation, look into this man his eyes and tell me you can see something else.

Poor Andre, you'll get your peach one day. But until then stare away. Your pain is recognized.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Ban yourself.

Also from society.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
is it time to break out the Andre - Keanu Reeves story? Nah, better not. Too many people can't handle the truth.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Recently I was staring at ravens flying. I must be in love with them.

·
Registered
14,087 Posts
Why do people have a problem with these light hearted threads lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts