Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at the remaining QFs and potential SFs/F the only interesting matchup to look forward to is Thiem-Medvedev , a potential 4-5 hr long 5 setter. It's such a shame they are in the same draw, or else it would have been a great final.

·
Registered
68,087 Posts
It’s medvedev vs de miñaur in the semis man

·
justice for all
15,120 Posts
Yeah, but two things here:
  • I hope they won’t make it a night session (middle of the night here) - so European viewers may watch it comfortably
  • my fear is those two will tire themselves into oblivion and the winner will lose the final due to fatigue vs servebotting Zverev (especially that their SF will be played as 2nd)

·
Registered
6,214 Posts
Yeah, but two things here:
  • I hope they won’t make it a night session (middle of the night here) - so European viewers may watch it comfortably
  • my fear is those two will tire themselves into oblivion and the winner will lose the final due to fatigue vs servebotting Zverev (especially that their SF will be played as 2nd)
As far as i know, both semi finals are usually played in the afternoon.

·
Registered
5,756 Posts
On paper yes, IMO it has a higher chance of being high quality as a semifinal than a final though. No matter how appealing the matchup is, it's likely that one or both players would be overly nervous contending for their first slam title, knowing how big of a chance it is.

·
justice for all
15,120 Posts
That’s good. But is it a done deal the upper part of the draw plays first? Not sure but I think it’s usually this way...

·
Registered
5,300 Posts
No, I will probably enjoy the Thiem-PCB final in the same way.

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
VS.

Respectfully,
masterclass

Reactions: TheLastJedi

·
Registered
5,300 Posts
Reactions: Budadiii

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Thiem vs Zverev final would suck, only (bcs of unknown reasons) Dominic starts playing like utter mug at some phases of the match (i.e. AO SF) and he should crush Zverev given their respective playstyles. I think Thiem PCB final would be better. Pablo pulled the trigger nicely vs Novak few times, and has somewhat clutchness from time to time.
Medvedev Zverev final would be an utter pushfest of Biblical proportions, and it would surpass even the volleyball match also known as Murray - Djokovic 2012 USO Final.

·
King Of Tennis
2,656 Posts
Nobody cares about any of these asterisked match ups. Deep down the winner of this tournament will know they don't deserve it.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
SFs will start at 4pm, pretty sure one will go into the night.

22FR9/1112:00 PMWomen's Doubles Final
Men's & Women's Wheelchair Singles
Semifinals
Men's & Women's Wheelchair Doubles
Semifinals
Quad Wheelchair Singles RR
4:00 PMMen's Semifinals

1 - 20 of 35 Posts