Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
N0le is just blowing everyone off court with winners left, right and center with the most pleasing tactics, strategies and skill you'll see on a tennis court. I don't think even peak Fedalprasgassier ever displayed a level as high as this.

·
Mostly unbiased analyst
3,982 Posts
17-6-302 said:
Signature bet on Djokovic's result at RG

6 month self imposed ban depending on Djokovic's RG result.
Wait, if you lose the self-imposed ban bet then what will be the point of the signature bet?

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wait, if you lose the self-imposed ban bet then what will be the point of the signature bet?
All arranged with Noleoleole. I am not like Fakertards :cool:

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
No.

·
Registered
22,082 Posts
N0le is just blowing everyone off court with winners left, right and center with the most pleasing tactics, strategies and skill you'll see on a tennis court. I don't think even peak Fedalprasgassier ever displayed a level as high as this.
:lol:

·
Banned
2,160 Posts
He isn't N0le anymore:wavey:The only man with Fedal Slam while Fedal can't get Fedovic or Djokodal Slam:sport:

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
No. It's just the awfully weak era. In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

Djokovic 2011 was impressive though (even if he had a healthy dose of luck, for example in the USO SF against Federer).

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Stop with the Novak topics, my god.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
nah, Djokovic in 2015 is not remotely close to even his 2011 level, let alone some of the other great levels other players like Federer have achieved in the past.

sick of the hype, the depth of tour is garbage for a while now and even the top guys, maybe bar Murray, are considerably worse / declined. I mean we have Nadal struggling to win points on clay and Federer getting whooped be Wawrinka in 3. that says it all

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
nope his own level was higher in 2011 but this is his second best year in terms of level however his opponents have declined this year which helps, people have short memories, unlike the pundits have you believe the level of tennis isn't continuiously rising, go and watch nadal vs Federer ao 2009 that's as high level as anything or watch djokovic in 2011. there are many other matches as well.

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
6 months :lol:

·
Mammoths
4,710 Posts
Wilander recently suggested that Djokovic's level on clay is the best ever seen.

Djokovic-2015 would give every and any iteration of Nadal despicable havok, but that's just one player and we say that in a circumstance where he's had to react to Nadal's superiority on the surface to come up with solutions rather than the other way around - that point in itself renders the first point more or less moot. But tennis isn't about being highly effective just against one guy, but about being highly effective against the field. Djokovic-2015 is certainly great against the field on clay, but I don't envisage the best Nadal dropping 2 sets to Murray in the semi-finals.

Djokovic's level of tennis against the field is lower than Nadal's IMO, but he is very very good.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Wilander recently suggested that Djokovic's level on clay is the best ever seen.

Djokovic-2015 would give every and any iteration of Nadal despicable havok, but that's just one player and we say that in a circumstance where he's had to react to Nadal's superiority on the surface to come up with solutions rather than the other way around - that point in itself renders the first point more or less moot. But tennis isn't about being highly effective just against one guy, but about being highly effective against the field. Djokovic-2015 is certainly great against the field on clay, but I don't envisage the best Nadal dropping 2 sets to Murray in the semi-finals.

Djokovic's level of tennis against the field is lower than Nadal's IMO, but he is very very good.
I am not feeling it, dawg. ;) I say Nadal of pretty much every year (I have doubts about 2014) would have been on top. Not to mention Nadal 2006-2008, which I think is the best he's ever been on that surface.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
:spit:

Surely this is a parody thread, the guy is a freaking weaponless pusher.

·
Mammoths
4,710 Posts
I think losing time and time again to Nadal at RG has caused Djokovic to come up with a solution for Nadal that would be very difficult for Nadal to deal with anywhere and any time. Do note though that I didn't say Djokovic would be winning most of the matches. I think Nadal wins most of the matches. For example, Djokovic this year impresses me substantially more than Djokovic in '12-'14 and he pushed Nadal the distance in '13. This Djokovic wins more than 1 out of 7 matches against Nadal at RG.. probably 2-3. Nadal is still favoured, and way less likely to be upset by another player in the field before a final. But it's irrelevant how current Djokovic would do against Nadal in previous years because he only exists as a consequence of being consistently rekt by Nadal over the years. He had to chase for many years to even begin to reach this sort of match-up mastery, and it coincides with decline from the other party.

·
Registered
9,517 Posts
nah, Djokovic in 2015 is not remotely close to even his 2011 level, let alone some of the other great levels other players like Federer have achieved in the past.

sick of the hype, the depth of tour is garbage for a while now and even the top guys, maybe bar Murray, are considerably worse / declined. I mean we have Nadal struggling to win points on clay and Federer getting whooped be Wawrinka in 3. that says it all

And to add Federer for the first time is losing in GS in 13 years without breaking the serve of his opponent. All top players are in decline Federer,Nadal,Berdych,Ferrer, Murray is in better form now than last year. When you see Murray challenges Novak at FO in 5 setter match and Nadal lost in 3 sets on clay at FO then something is not okay at all. I mean even 33 old Federer made Djokovic to fight for 5 sets at Wimbeldon last year.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts