Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
11,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is 2008 the year that Davydenko starts to fall down the rankings out of the top 10?

For me I believe it is, Davydenko looks physically and mentally in pain. He has so many points to defend as well. But there is a huge gap from 4 to 10 though.

I hope its not but who knows?

·
Registered
6,335 Posts
Maybe, the fact he plays shitloads of tournaments and doesn't rest enough is always going to come back and haunt him, and the situation with the ATP is just aggravating and speeding up the process.

·
30,993 Posts
The thing about him is that he doesnt really have a big amount of points to begin in any specific week, like Gonzalez last year kinda. He has points spread through the season.

He already has a SF this year. At the AO he had a QF to defend and he got what, 4th round? I think.

He has only 2 Masters series SFs and one other SF.

·
Registered
11,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The thing about him is that he doesnt really have a big amount of points to begin in any specific week, like Gonzalez last year kinda. He has points spread through the season.

He already has a SF this year. At the AO he had a QF to defend and he got what, 4th round? I think.

He has only 2 Masters series SFs and one other SF.
How about the FO and UO semi finals and plus Moscow win?

·
30,993 Posts
How about the FO and UO semi finals and plus Moscow win?
I dont think he will have any problem defending them two finals and I did mention the moscow win as one of his optionals. With him playing every week you have to think he'll win one tournament.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
His downfall began when he agreed to fix matches :shrug:
that is when his notority began. Before he was considered a non-recognisable tennis player and now he is known as a match-fixer

P.S. it seems some of us are more loved and respected as bad guys

·
Registered
188 Posts
No way. The guy still played solid tennis in the first 3 rounds before falling to Youzhny - who is on fire at the moment. Granted he has a lot of points to defend at FO and USO, he still can gain a lot of points at the Masters.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Everybody who doesn't defend his aus open points, is in downfall:)

·
Registered
241 Posts
I hope so. :)

·
Registered
23,711 Posts
depend of how he plays the big ones

R16 in AO isnt bad

he plays a lot of MM events, surely he will get many points there

·
Registered
801 Posts
He will stay in the top 10 this year.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I guess I am the only person here who believes that he's innocent and it's really unfair for him to go through all these without given the benefit of the doubt. I think he's a very good player and wish him all the best. How many of you dislike him because of his look? what comes around goes around i hope.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts

·
Registered
26,225 Posts
No, he's too good. And he always peaks in New York!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts