Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
15,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't really been following the story but from the sounds of it the situation in Iraq seems pretty horrific, more destabilisation in the region and further illustration of the catastrophic failure of the Bush and Blair government. Sectarian violence is nothing new but it appears that the stupid drawing of boarders post WW1 has exposed the middle east to further violence.

Any ideas on the solution to problems in Iraq? re-invade? co-op with Iran? Force Iraq to break up along religious lines?

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
I haven't really been following the story but from the sounds of it the situation in Iraq seems pretty horrific, more destabilisation in the region and further illustration of the catastrophic failure of the Bush and Blair government. Sectarian violence is nothing new but it appears that the stupid drawing of boarders post WW1 has exposed the middle east to further violence.

Any ideas on the solution to problems in Iraq? re-invade? co-op with Iran? Force Iraq to break up along religious lines?
This is looking increasingly inevitable as Western Governments will struggle to gain support for intervention and Baghdad is probably too strong for ISIS to move in. We'll see how the situation unfolds over the coming days when ISIS come under attack on their recently claimed territory.

I mean it's looking like it will happen with or without intervention. Will be a messy divorce though.

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
Pointless thread. Will just devolve into Bush and America bashing instead of actually discussing what's happening.

But carry on.

·
Registered
15,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pointless thread. Will just devolve into Bush and America bashing instead of actually discussing what's happening.

But carry on.
Well we can try and discuss the issue at hand, I think there are other threads for those views to be aired

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
No Saddam, no peace :shrug:

Same for Libya. The West is responsible.

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
My country always intervenes, and then other countries are in ruins. Egypt, Libya, and Iraq. Next thing you know it's going to happen with Syria, too.
I can only imagine what other countries think of us. Probably "meddling hooligans." We need to prevent problems, not just try to help when it becomes a problem, because at that point, we try to help, and just end up making things worse.

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
I feel very uncomfortable with shifting the blame from the people actually doing the fighting and killing (ISIS) to some highly tenuous causal link with the admittedly botched invasion ten years ago.

·
Registered
7,216 Posts
My country always intervenes, and then other countries are in ruins. Egypt, Libya, and Iraq. Next thing you know it's going to happen with Syria, too.
I can only imagine what other countries think of us. Probably "meddling hooligans." We need to prevent problems, not just try to help when it becomes a problem, because at that point, we try to help, and just end up making things worse.
I truly hope that the rest of your generation thinks like you, because if they do, there's still hope.
Kudos to you for being 'only 14' and realizing there's something terribly wrong the way your government behaves.
Respect kid. ;)

·
Registered
5,886 Posts
Absolutely horrific what is going on in Iraq.

If the current situation continues then I think the USA and friends will intervene.

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
I feel very uncomfortable with shifting the blame from the people actually doing the fighting and killing (ISIS) to some highly tenuous causal link with the admittedly botched invasion ten years ago.
Don't worry, you can forget about blaming the Muslim radicals, just blame the US, if we weren't in the Middle East things would be just perfect :zzz:

·
Premium Member
21,076 Posts
Don't worry, you can forget about blaming the Muslim radicals, just blame the US, if we weren't in the Middle East things would be just perfect :zzz:
Stop playing the victim here, it's seriously pathetic :lol:

It's called cause and effect. And it's certainly not "highly tenuous causal":

From where did ISIS spring? One of George W. Bush's most toxic legacies is the introduction of al Qaeda into Iraq, which is the ISIS mother ship.
http://edition.cnn.com/2014/06/13/opinion/bergen-iraq-isis-bush

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
Stop playing the victim here, it's seriously pathetic :lol:
Not a victim play. It's just impossible to talk about current events because everything will just be traced back to the US and Bush. Every. Single. Time.

At some point you're going to have to live in reality instead of the past.

It is also quite sickening that you people expend your energy blaming the US but very little time actually blaming the subhuman creatures DOING the atrocities. You care more about scoring "I told you so" points than you do about what's actually happening. No solutions, just whining.

So like I said, :zzz:

1 - 20 of 52 Posts