Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my very first entry. I honestly don't know i I will continue, or how regularly I will write, but it's worth to try I think.

It has something to do with the absolutely crappy period i'm going through - my dad's buried on Friday, my mom's seriously ill, my baby sister is alone with her and not having enough time to study. And I couldn't stay with them any more. So maybe i just need a vest to weep into. Or maybe I envy Tursunov's blogging glory. My entries won't be as cheerful though, at least at the moment.

At least the little one shows some signs of improvement, though we still have a long way to go - he's actually saying things instead of tugging on my sleeve and pointing at what he wants. Speech therapists and psychologists still don't agree if it's a speech disorder or autism. I pray for speech disorder.

I started working again today, translating a book. It's been put on hold for past fortnight or so, and now the deadline's up. It's something I've been looking forward to (the work, not the deadline). Marat's won a match, but Guille lost, and I'm sad about that too.

Going to sleep now. Till later, whoever reads this.

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
The "Blog" button caught my eye and I went "Hey, waitaminute, since when does Tanya have a blog? Hmmm... must check this out..."

I'm sorry to hear about your mom :hug: :hug: Hmmm, maybe you could get someone to stay with them and help out so li'l sis has more time to study... if that's a possibility.

Also, I hope you won't think I'm too rude for asking, and you are free to ignore my extremely nosey questions if you want... but what exactly does "speech disorder" imply? He can't say things or won't say things or...? Because he seems very much able to communicate and not an introvert child at all.
It's great that he's improving :D You should goad him into talking more... like, make him explain things to you... ;) :lol:

:hug:

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dora! :hug:

I dunno how I can hire someone for them since we live in different countries. I've lived in Minsk so long, I don't know anyone in Russia any longer, much less someone qualified and trustworty.

Kostya's has trouble understanding human speech whan he hears it. His hearing is normal, physically, but most of the time he hears "white noise" insread of words. As a result, he can't speak properly himself. It's a nasty disorder, but autism is worse. Our speech therapist said that probably he doesn't hear words, because he doesn't want to. It's not a hopeless siuation still, but much more difficult to correct.

And he is an introverted kid indeed, maybe not with his nearest and dearest, but with other children, other people at large. So, basically, we're trying to figure out - is he withdrawn because he doesn't speak properly, or vice-versa?

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh, and I'm trying to talk to him as much as possible, to ask questions, read, sing, but he can only take so much. After all, he's so little, not yet 4, he tires really fast, and speaking for him equals working

1 - 4 of 4 Posts