Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have enjoyed playing tennis for quite awhile and live in the San Diego area. This forum looks interesting but I am still pretty baffled by how to access the functionality. For example, I really wanted to write this as a "reply" to the thread "introductions" but after spending a good fifteen minutes trying various options, I could not figure out how to post a "reply" -- hence the new thread.

Anyway, I recently retired from IBM Research and am consulting in Human Computer Interaction --- basically, trying to improve the ease of use and learnability of various interactions. I also write fiction and non-fiction. My ebook may be of interest to folks here: "The Winning Weekend Warrior." Although this book is about sports *in general*, many of the examples are from my tennis experiences. I am planning a follow up which focuses on tennis more exclusively. You can find out more at
https://www.amazon.com/author/truthtable

·
Registered
18,732 Posts
I have enjoyed playing tennis for quite awhile and live in the San Diego area. This forum looks interesting but I am still pretty baffled by how to access the functionality. For example, I really wanted to write this as a "reply" to the thread "introductions" but after spending a good fifteen minutes trying various options, I could not figure out how to post a "reply" -- hence the new thread.

Anyway, I recently retired from IBM Research and am consulting in Human Computer Interaction --- basically, trying to improve the ease of use and learnability of various interactions. I also write fiction and non-fiction. My ebook may be of interest to folks here: "The Winning Weekend Warrior." Although this book is about sports *in general*, many of the examples are from my tennis experiences. I am planning a follow up which focuses on tennis more exclusively. You can find out more at
https://www.amazon.com/author/truthtable
Hi again,

I think I can understand the situation you mentioned here. This SNS is pretty much user-friendly and as I see you will feel at home in a week or so.

My thread in this Forum is an unintentional record of a beginner’s start, as you saw it. I'll be happy if you find it of some help to your start.

Welcome to MTF.:D

·
Premium Member
62,012 Posts

Hi John

"Introductions" is not a thread, it's a place for introductory threads :) Opening one like you did is the idea :yeah:

Welcome to MTF! Hope you'll enjoy yourself here :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts