Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
F***ing have it
17,638 Posts
Hopefully he'll be in shorts :drool: Don't care if those legs are natural or not :toothy:

·
Registered
4,247 Posts
he says he didn't take any drugs at the french open.

·
Registered
985 Posts
i would hope so-----he is a good player and i hope it isnt the drugs that gave him that performance thats making me say this....

·
Comparisons are Odious
10,541 Posts
Whatelse is he going to say....................

Nevertheless, I really do hope he is innocent of these accusations.

·
Registered
9,433 Posts
hablovah19 said:
he says he didn't take any drugs at the french open.
I hope he didnt, I have faith in him :sad:

·
Miss Thang
36,083 Posts
I don't believe that Mariano is guilty. Always, always....innocent until proven guilty. And he's not guilty on the basis of some shady article with no sources.

·
Not a Registered User
30,181 Posts
sigmagirl91 said:
I don't believe that Mariano is guilty. Always, always....innocent until proven guilty. And he's not guilty on the basis of some shady article with no sources.
depends how you look at his, i look at it guilty until proven innocent. cuz like in a court room. u get accused of killing someone, u are in jail. until trial is over. meaning guilty until proven innocent, they dont let accused killer walk around town during trail.

·
Gugaholic
84,779 Posts
JerrySeinfeld said:
depends how you look at his, i look at it guilty until proven innocent. cuz like in a court room. u get accused of killing someone, u are in jail. until trial is over. meaning guilty until proven innocent, they dont let accused killer walk around town during trail.
It depends. Most of the time, the accused can post bail unless the prosecutor had very good evidence that the accused is extreme dangerous, may fled the country and/or hindering the investigation. Also, before the accused can be prosecuted, there needs to be enough evidence presented to the judge and still, noted that I use the word 'accused', not guilty.

Say in this case, right now if a prosecutor brings the evidence, a report from a newspaper claiming thru a secret source Puerta was tested for control substance in front of a judge, he/she will be kicked out immediately.

·
Miss Thang
36,083 Posts
JerrySeinfeld said:
So, you're going to believe a report full of speculation and innuendo? Until the real source comes out (a credible one, not some witch doctor who conjured up some bogus lab report and slapped Puerta's name on it), it's innocent until proven guilty.

·
Vamos Mandy :)
85,829 Posts
mangoes said:
Whatelse is he going to say....................
Well, many of the others who had positive tests have come forward and put it out there.

·
May All Beings Be Happy!!
12,245 Posts
sigmagirl91 said:
I agree with sigmagirl91. Innocent until proven guilty. but in the case of mariano please don't forget he hasn't even been charged with anything. So if he is charged, and due process is followed and he is found guilty then I will accept it. But I shall never condemn him, or anyone for that matter, just on te basis of one newspaper reporting.

·
Registered
10,453 Posts
I am with you Tiff & Lee: "Innocent until proven guilty".

What really annoys me is that even when Puerta will be proven innocent, some people will still believe he is guilty and will badmouth him. People always remember the bad not the good. :rolleyes:

·
Not a Registered User
30,181 Posts
mandoura said:
I am with you Tiff & Lee: "Innocent until proven guilty".

What really annoys me is that even when Puerta will be proven innocent, some people will still believe he is guilty and will badmouth him. People always remember the bad not the good. :rolleyes:
:lol: is there good in this? i mean if this has not happen to him before and he is not guilty, then okay, but he's done it once, then accused of 2nd time. nothing good in that,

·
Not a Registered User
30,181 Posts
Lee said:
It depends. Most of the time, the accused can post bail unless .
thats why i said, KILLED SOMEONE, how many people accused of murder, are released on bail for that, before everything is clear?

·
Registered
10,453 Posts
JerrySeinfeld said:
:lol: is there good in this? i mean if this has not happen to him before and he is not guilty, then okay, but he's done it once, then accused of 2nd time. nothing good in that,
This is a very shallow perception. The "good" is not in this.

People, like you Ducky, remembers that he has done it before (bad). They don't mention he was suspended and paid his dues (good). They label him, like you, once a cheater always a cheater (bad). They don't see how he is trying to put this behind him and be the best he can be (good) because this is what he is doing until proven guilty.

What you are really seeing Ducky is Ljubicic's loss, a player that did not go past the 3d round in any of the grand slams this year.

By your sense of logic Ducky, why do we have a judicial system? Whoever makes a mistake once, only once, let's just shoot him because he will do it again. No second chances, no lerning from previous mistakes. Man cannot be redeemed because that is what you are really saying.

·
Not a Registered User
30,181 Posts
mandoura said:
This is a very shallow perception. The "good" is not in this.

People, like you Ducky, remembers that he has done it before (bad). They don't mention he was suspended and paid his dues (good). They label him, like you, once a cheater always a cheater (bad). They don't see how he is trying to put this behind him and be the best he can be (good) because this is what he is doing until proven guilty.

What you are really seeing Ducky is Ljubicic's loss, a player that did not go past the 3d round in any of the grand slams this year.

By your sense of logic Ducky, why do we have a judicial system? Whoever makes a mistake once, only once, let's just shoot him because he will do it again. No second chances, no lerning from previous mistakes. Man cannot be redeemed because that is what you are really saying.
boy is this little speech going to sound stupid soon.

paid his dues? what did every single player he beat when he was under substance the 1st time, get out of his dues. jack shit.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts