Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Miss Thang
36,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The results of today's matches were rather anti-climactic, considering all. I thought Gaston would give Roger a tougher road. Alas, he went down love and love-the first time Roger has ever done that. And not to be outdone (or was he?), David performed in similar fashion, downing Davydenko 6-0 7-5 (I'm told the second set could have yielded a similar result if it weren't for a dubious overrule). I was disappointed, for I was expecting more competition in both matches. In any case, two of my favorites advance to the final.

I don't know who I want to win, since I won't lose either way. I would like to see David hoist a major trophy for once, if no other reason than to see the joy on his face of finally winning an important title. Although Roger winning seems to be the norm these days, I would like for someone else to be in the winner's circle. I wouldn't be surprised if Roger was Roger later today.

Best of luck to the finalists. I won't be able to follow, since I'll be getting my sleep and dreaming sweet dreams. I will not be disappointed regardless of the outcome.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts