Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A bit of fun found here regarding how US and European countries think about their neighbours in terms of common stereotypes. Other countries' views include France, Greece, Spain, Italy, Switzerland, Turkey, Poland etc.
Not to be taken seriously. :p

http://www.boredpanda.com/mapping-stereotypes/

An example:

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
I barely get any of the latino references in the antepenultimate map. I guess it fits better for our caribbean friends.

·
54,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I barely get any of the latino references in the antepenultimate map. I guess it fits better for our caribbean friends.
Referring to latin America...some of the references

Land of no pubes = 'Brazilian' wax
cocaine = Mexico (drug smuggling)
Macho Picture = Machu Picchu (Peru)
Drama queens (Argentina) - based on the musical Evita "Don't cry for me Argentina" I think

If you think about what the typical American might think of South America, that could make sense :lol:
In other words one would say a lot of stereotypes are clueless

·
Registered
2,617 Posts

Drama queens (Argentina) - based on the musical Evita "Don't cry for me Argentina" I think

If you think about what the typical American might think of South America, that could make sense :lol:
I meant this map: http://static.boredpanda.com/blog/w...tkov/mapping-stereotypes-yuri-tsvetkov-29.jpg

·
54,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Premium Member
62,012 Posts

Cocaine is Colombia. Mexico + El Salvador, Belize, Costa Rica, Honduras, Guatemala and Panama are housekeeping.

·
Registered
4,632 Posts

·
54,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got to zoom in really hard to know what US thinks about UK. Does it say Allies?
Click on the link on first post, gives all the individual maps and views from Europe. You can find out what Switzerland thinks about Europe.

Cocaine is Colombia. Mexico + El Salvador, Belize, Costa Rica, Honduras, Guatemala and Panama are housekeeping.
Well clearly I am not very good at geography :p. Thanks for clarifying.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts