Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
10,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know whether anyone has noticed that the prices for the Australian Open are going way up next year according to the official Aus Open website. The ground passes are remaining the same which is good, and early round RLA tickets appear to be decently priced. The best thing is the introduction of 5 day non consecutive ground passes for $99 in my opinion. Now for the bad. Last year I paid $64 for RLA Quarter Finals tickets (concession.) This year for the concession it's gone up to $98.90 and for the adult it's $109.90 which is ridiculous. For the finals it's gone up to $224.90 for concession, and $249.90 for Adults. If I remember right, thats about $60 more than last year. I think I'm going to go for 9 days to the Aus Open, but I'm not going to buy RLA tickets because they're just too overpriced, though I can afford it, I'm not willing to pay that much. Is it just me who thinks these prices are ridiculous?

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
The 1st week is the best week to go anyway and they haven't been effected too much luckily.

Well since they are changing the surface, they have to get the money back somehow.

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
Ah! That's unfair to the people who really pay for the event. Good thing I don't usually attend any RLA matches anyway, but I can see other people being annoyed by this change. That 5 day non-consecutive groundpass package sounds like the way to go next year, but I'm always so badly sunburnt there :lol:

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
WTF? that's crazy!
I'm gonna get Rla tickets for the first 2 days, then the rest of the 1st week and the 2nd monday I'll get ground Passes!

So 2 chead Rla tickets and a 5 day ground pass+ 1 more!

·
Same as it ever was
20,589 Posts
Well a few months ago I read in the paper that they were considering upping the Ground Prices by close to $10 each as well so I'm actually rather relieved :)

I never buy RLA tickets anyway, the best place to be is on the outside courts.

One thing else they were going to consider though was not including Vodafone Arena in the ground pass price so you had to actually book a seat there just like you do for RLA... have they done that? :unsure:

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
Well a few months ago I read in the paper that they were considering upping the Ground Prices by close to $10 each as well so I'm actually rather relieved :)

I never buy RLA tickets anyway, the best place to be is on the outside courts.

One thing else they were going to consider though was not including Vodafone Arena in the ground pass price so you had to actually book a seat there just like you do for RLA... have they done that? :unsure:
I'm not sure. But this year a ground pass could get you seats on the sides which let me watch Djoko-Udomchoke and Monfils-Gasquet :)

·
Registered
335 Posts
holy crap. im sposed to go to the finals this year and my mum already said its pretty expensive. can u guys tell me if i can buy tickets yet and how to do it i really need to know? and also im 17 does that mean i pay adult price?

·
Registered
10,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh I haven't heard anything about the Ground passes. I sure hope that isn't the case because I"m only going to get a reserved seat pack for the first 4 days just in case of bad weather, and then i'll risk my luck with ground passes for the next 5 days. Screw the second week, too bloody expensive, though I might watch some doubles.

·
Registered
10,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
holy crap. im sposed to go to the finals this year and my mum already said its pretty expensive. can u guys tell me if i can buy tickets yet and how to do it i really need to know? and also im 17 does that mean i pay adult price?
You can get in on concession prices. You can't buy tickets yet, but get to the nearest ticketek the very minute they come out. Or jump on the internet and order them. You're so lucky to be going to the finals though.

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
Oh I haven't heard anything about the Ground passes. I sure hope that isn't the case because I"m only going to get a reserved seat pack for the first 4 days just in case of bad weather, and then i'll risk my luck with ground passes for the next 5 days. Screw the second week, too bloody expensive, though I might watch some doubles.
Yeah this year I was lucky coz I came early and it was pooring down.

I got great seats in Vodaphone arena! I don't want that changed!

·
Same as it ever was
20,589 Posts
I'm not sure. But this year a ground pass could get you seats on the sides which let me watch Djoko-Udomchoke and Monfils-Gasquet :)
Yep I know. It always has been like that since Vodafone was built... it's just that they were thinking of changing it in the future. They had better not!

I just get my ground pass on the morning of play. It doesn't take too long if you get there early enough and then you know what the weather conditions will be pretty much.

·
Registered
10,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
Yep I know. It always has been like that since Vodafone was built... it's just that they were thinking of changing it in the future. They had better not!

I just get my ground pass on the morning of play. It doesn't take too long if you get there early enough and then you know what the weather conditions will be pretty much.
Yeah I get my tickets in the morning! I live about 10-15 mins from there, so it's pretty easy!

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
Joooooooooooooooooooooooke.

·
Registered
10,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
OMG! these guys are dickheads!

Now if I get a RLA ticket I can't go in Vodaphone arena! :(
you wern't meant to do that anyway. Just so long as they don't disallow vodafone arena ticketholders from seeing play on the outside courts (which would be nearly impossible) i'll be happy. I'm not missing out on seeing JC play because of the stupid AO organisers.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts