Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please do so.
Seems that lack of actual tennis is bringing out and luring in the Political hobbyists that have no clue or interest in tennis whatsoever.

Please, create a little, smelly corner for them - e.g. "Not Tennis - But Politics... Yeeeey". And let them dwell there - as they seem adamant to swarm this place with their infestation and garbage.

Put them there, lock the door, and throw away the key.

This is a TENNIS and TENNIS TROLLING (that's me) Forum, damn it!

·
Super Moderator
8,424 Posts
Admittedly there have been quite many political statements in GM these days which we (as mods team) have to scrutinise casuistically. Unfortunately some tennis events of recent times have quite (tennis) political consequences. However, it's right that there have been some 'Black Lives Matter'-discussions which passed the line and had to be closed even (see the Gauff thread).

So yes, thanks for pointing this out, but in case threads get derailed too often we might classify them as persistent forum disruptions.

·
Banned
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Admittedly there have been quite many political statements in GM these days which we (as mods team) have to scrutinise casuistically. Unfortunately some tennis events of recent times have quite (tennis) political consequences. However, it's right that there have been some 'Black Lives Matter'-discussions which passed the line and had to be closed even (see the Gauff thread).

So yes, thanks for pointing this out, but in case threads get derailed too often we might classify them as persistent forum disruptions.
Thanks, Appreciated.
I think politics and religion (and such) should have their own space. Tennis forum should be ONLY for tennis crazies.
Other crazies should have their own home.
Let's not mix crazy.
And I think that the "other" crazy is... well... crazier.

·
Super Moderator
8,424 Posts
Thanks, Appreciated.
I think politics and religion (and such) should have their own space. Tennis forum should be ONLY for tennis crazies.
Other crazies should have their own home.
Let's not mix crazy.
And I think that the "other" crazy is... well... crazier.
We have the NT-section which covers these fields

·
Registered
7,936 Posts
Nope. This place needs LESS sub forums. Ditch the ruins and just make it GM and non tennis.

let’s go!

·
Your visions will happen
47,301 Posts
Well sport and politics have always been intertwined. Winning Olympians in 776 BC received land grants and political favors for their city-state, so there was NEVER a time when sport and politics were not intertwined. Even before that, champions of military games and exercises were elevated to high status in society

Don't know how you can, for instance, have a thread about Djokovic and his ill-fated Adria Tour without talking about current events

·
Banned
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well sport and politics have always been intertwined. Winning Olympians in 776 BC received land grants and political favors for their city-state, so there was NEVER a time when sport and politics were not intertwined. Even before that, champions of military games and exercises were elevated to high status in society

Don't know how you can, for instance, have a thread about Djokovic and his ill-fated Adria Tour without talking about current events
You are right about some things there.
It is a Politics' tendency to invade any/all spheres of human activity... We are, after all, political beings if we trust Aristotle.
However, we can control our urges and keep some of our activities clean (as much as possible) from it.
Sports are the perfect examples - look at the NFL at the moment... Engage/Indulge in politics and cripple the sport (and the business) almost completely. Check the NASCAR (not a sport some would say) - it's about to kick the bucket.
Etc, Etc...
There's a reason we don't (or shouldn't) discuss politics and/or religion at the dinner table, right?
So, let's keep it out as much as possible... It'll always try to break in, to invade, to soil... But, if we put a nice little garbage-bin out there and slap the "Politics only" sign on it - it might help.

·
Your visions will happen
47,301 Posts
You are right about some things there.
It is a Politics' tendency to invade any/all spheres of human activity... We are, after all, political beings if we trust Aristotle.
However, we can control our urges and keep some of our activities clean (as much as possible) from it.
Sports are the perfect examples - look at the NFL at the moment... Engage/Indulge in politics and cripple the sport (and the business) almost completely. Check the NASCAR (not a sport some would say) - it's about to kick the bucket.
Etc, Etc...
There's a reason we don't (or shouldn't) discuss politics and/or religion at the dinner table, right?
So, let's keep it out as much as possible... It'll always try to break in, to invade, to soil... But, if we put a nice little garbage-bin out there and slap the "Politics only" sign on it - it might help.
I disagree. I think politics and religion and race should be discussed at the dinner table. What else will we talk about? Sports that don't exist right now? The weather? Nah.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Please do so.
Seems that lack of actual tennis is bringing out and luring in the Political hobbyists that have no clue or interest in tennis whatsoever.

Please, create a little, smelly corner for them - e.g. "Not Tennis - But Politics... Yeeeey". And let them dwell there - as they seem adamant to swarm this place with their infestation and garbage.

Put them there, lock the door, and throw away the key.

This is a TENNIS and TENNIS TROLLING (that's me) Forum, damn it!
Hahahaha. Oh this is gold. Trump tards getting desperate. They are now in the "lets not talk about it anymore" state. Glorious.

I would love to just fucking talk about tennis. But during this pandemic, its all about politics if tennis can happen or not.

So if captain dipshit Donald J. Trump is fucking it up royally and cases are spiking again, of course we have to talk about this. Because stupid actions of the government are the main reason the US Open is in huge danger from happening.

I would love to go back to the time where we just could enjoy tennis. Maybe we can, once a vaccine is made and enough people will take it. But until then, the uncomfortable truth is that politics matter A LOT.

So don't let yourself get intimidated, people. Some folks want you to shut up because they see that their heros fuck it up. But never stop express your opinion 😘

Reactions: alwaysfan

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Politics are mainly discussed in NT (Non-Tennis) but of course there are some politics' implications in tennis which are OK in GM.

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
What else will we talk about?
Talking is overrated. Sticking needles into voodoo dolls of those who dare to speak negatively about our precious GOATs is all the rage.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
The new and returned Noletrolls were flooding GM with their Nole-gloating on a daily basis until Novaxx DjoCOVID appeared and now oh! they want to ban all discussions about it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts