Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mitya almost blew the first set away (was 6-2 up in the tie-break) and needed 4 MPs to close out the match.

Anyway, :banana: Mitya's first final of the year!

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Mitya almost blew the first set away (was 6-2 up in the tie-break) and needed 4 MPs to close out the match.

Anyway, :banana: Mitya's first final of the year!
He was also up a break in the first set and looked to be crusising, having only lost two points on his own serve at that point (he was 8/9 in both first and second serve points won), but gifted the break back with silly errors and a double fault. Still, the outcome was never really in doubt and the match was less close than the end result indicates.

On a more general note, Tursunov seems to have improved his backhand and his forehand is way up there with Federer and Gonzalez, so if he's on tomorrow, he should have little trouble winning.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He was also up a break in the first set and looked to be crusising, having only lost two points on his own serve at that point (he was 8/9 in both first and second serve points won), but gifted the break back with silly errors and a double fault. Still, the outcome was never really in doubt and the match was less close than the end result indicates.

On a more general note, Tursunov seems to have improved his backhand and his forehand is way up there with Federer and Gonzalez, so if he's on tomorrow, he should have little trouble winning.
After Spadea's match last week I'm not sure about the outcome until the match is really over :lol: And when Mitya lost both his points at 6-3 in TB I was :eek: :sad: :unsure:

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
After Spadea's match last week I'm not sure about the outcome until the match is really over :lol: And when Mitya lost both his points at 6-3 in TB I was :eek: :sad: :unsure:
Yeah, I was going crazy after that double fault that allowed Querrey to come back to 6-5, but in retrospect, it didn't seem to have been that big of a deal.

·
Registered
21,230 Posts
:eek:

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Awesome :D

·
Registered
192 Posts
dmitry. :woohoo:

some slappy play with leads today, though. :unsure: good luck in the final. the title is yours for the taking. :hearts:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts