Mens Tennis Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Not sure if there was something wrong with Ruud, but he played awful today. Very passive, usually UE machine when he tried to go for winners. Just a bad day in the office.
Nevertheless, kudos to Diego. He was quite brilliant today.

·
Registered
Diego Schwartzman, Novak Djokovic, Dominic Thiem, Stan Wawrinka
863 Posts
I was out and about this afternoon so I only managed to catch the first set live. Diego was playing very clean tennis from what I saw, while Ruud was hitting more UE than is typical. I expect that Casper is probably quite tired after the summer he's had, and these conditions are tailor made for Diego to excel. I'm quite excited at the possibility of him making the semifinals in a hardcourt masters event for the first time!

·
Premium Member
29,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
When I saw the thread I was so full of hope you'd come with a long elaborate essay praising Diego to make Malvin a happy man.

And instead this. This was truly disappointing, bruh.
I wouldn't dare to speak on a subject connected to Diego without first referring to the in-house Diego expert. My hands were tied bro

Reactions: guitarra

·
Registered
131 Posts
Ruud has really emptied his gas tank for now. He rarely mentions pains and stuff like that, but both the medical timeout, the face expressions and also the striking, speaks volumes. I think he needs the two weeks break before Vienna. In the meantime, Sinner will probably have gathered a few more points in Antwerp…. It may end with Turin participation being decided in Stockholm! I suspect Hubert to surpass Casper and Yannik both on the list, leaving Ruud and Sinner to fight for last spot. Unless of course Djokovic withdraws. But not even a Ruud-fan as I am would want that to happen.
Great match by Schwartzman btw, always a force to be reckoned with!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts