Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
7,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bad news for Rafa fans. He plays too offensively, which means he still can't retrieve and play long rallies due to his ankle*

*According to greatest MTF expert SmartALot (aka SmartMan)

·
Registered
619 Posts
Nadal won without a hitch, yes. However, I did not find it convincing. As much yesterday against Scwhartzman he had been good, so his opponent, so much so today, Nadal was pushy and messy against a small Krajinovic. We find what we had in Australia with Nadal who corrects average opponents, to finally have trouble against the best. Nadal was not tested in 2019, the only time he was tested was when he lost. I'm looking forward to his 1/4 or even 1/2 to see if he was able to correct the shot compared to his Australian final where his lack of rhythm was glaring.

·
Registered
68 Posts
The court is playing so painfully slow that it's really tough to make out form. Truly curious to see what the CPI is. Just compare the final of the AO to today's match and it's amazing how many more supposed "winners" that Rafa could get to. You have to paint the lines and catch your opponent off balance to hit clean baseline winners on groundstrokes.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Rafa started extremely aggressively and then began to spray errors when he lost the break... a better performance in the second set, more 'conventional' and better court coverage but this level won't be enough to win him the title this week.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
The forehand looked great and 7 aces. Rafa is the best performer thus far. I’m going to predict he wins Indian Wells and Miami.
To me, the FH did not seem good. But this match is not a good indicator of Rafa's form at the moment, I think. If he plays Khachanov in the next round, we'll see where his game really is at the moment.

·
Registered
990 Posts
All the usual nonsense here.

Rafa is very on.
How obliging of you to add to 'the usual nonsense' by spouting the usual 'Rafa is on/playing his best/playing the best I've seen in years etc' bollocks you always do when Nadal wins a couple of matches.

You're clueless love, sorry to tell you that.

·
Registered
14,271 Posts
He's gonna win this.

And Federer better not chicken out before the semi. I want that H2H win.

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,337 Posts
Meh. Nadal wasn't even that great but he won relatively comfortably. Nothing to see here, folks, just the usual Nadal draw.

·
Registered
14,271 Posts
How obliging of you to add to 'the usual nonsense' by spouting the usual 'Rafa is on/playing his best/playing the best I've seen in years etc' bollocks you always do when Nadal wins a couple of matches.

You're clueless love, sorry to tell you that.
stop harrassing people, just focus on tennis, this is a tennis board not a personality board.

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,337 Posts

·
|
14,493 Posts
Bad news for Rafa fans. He plays too offensively, which means he still can't retrieve and play long rallies due to his ankle*

*According to greatest MTF expert SmartALot (aka SmartMan)
That was only the case at the Australian Open.
He's fully recovered now, but has no need to grind, because he's so aggressive :D
When he needs to grind, he will.
You should quote me directly, that way you won't look stupid with your own interpretation....

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,337 Posts
Life ebs and flows just as a H2H does. This one is all Nadal if they meet.
Like it has been in recent years? :scratch: I wouldn't be so confident. I remember the last time Nadal fans were confident before one of their matches. And the one before that. And the one before that. And the one before that. And the one before that.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts