1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,459 Posts
some super servebotting by Nole, defeating Jizzner with his own weapon :yeah:

·
Premium Member
5,073 Posts
can the OP post something about the match once in a while?

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
55,289 Posts
Well done Nole not easy playing Isner with that serve. Isner hitting around 80% first serve in but not enough. A few good returns helped and Djokovic was too good.

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
Isner's forehand could've been better throughout the match. Wasted a good opportunity to break (2 of them) in the middle of the 2nd set. Djokovic's improved serve helped him ease through in the end.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Some say Isner took this loss hard, he is still serving aces in the locker room at the moment..

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
Bot terminated. well done Novak. Next

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Jelena is finally back in player box :tears:
NID result with Boris's serve in his repetoire :yeah:

Reactions: nolethebest

·
Registered
396 Posts
Not easy win for Nole and I am happy that he could make it.
That break in the 1st set was just too good.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
"needs to work on his FH" guys that was his plan.. he hit almost 3 times more FH winners than Djokovic..thats the only way to break Djokovic.. hence alot of errors and misses... thats the name of the game.

·
Registered
5,096 Posts
It was a fun match.

Djokovic's serving ended up making a bigger difference than Isner's.

John used his forehand well. And more overlooked, his backhand assisted his efforts nicely throughout the match. Didn't do anything special with it, just kept it deep as often as possible.

Djokovic seems to be handling off-pace better these days, at least against someone like Isner (a better backspin player might prove otherwise), as he hardly seemed fazed.

The match was fun, but Isner's forehand sometimes still makes me tense up. There's something NCAA about the way he can go from hitting it amazingly to missing ten feet wide in the span of two or three shots.

·
Registered
18,098 Posts
It was a fun match.

Djokovic's serving ended up making a bigger difference than Isner's.

John used his forehand well. And more overlooked, his backhand assisted his efforts nicely throughout the match. Didn't do anything special with it, just kept it deep as often as possible.

Djokovic seems to be handling off-pace better these days, at least against someone like Isner (a better backspin player might prove otherwise), as he hardly seemed fazed.

The match was fun, but Isner's forehand sometimes still makes me tense up. There's something NCAA about the way he can go from hitting it amazingly to missing ten feet wide in the span of two or three shots.
Hmm? Isner's serve is the only reason he won any games, his ground game is worse than ever imo but the serve can still keep even Djokovic honest. Fun match though, I agree. Djokovic played an insane return game to break in the first set btw.

·
Registered
5,096 Posts
Hmm? Isner's serve is the only reason he won any games, his ground game is worse than ever imo but the serve can still keep even Djokovic honest. Fun match though, I agree. Djokovic played an insane return game to break in the first set btw.
In the tiebreak? Djokovic's serving was outstanding. Isner had to work for the bulk of his points (not to mention one of the only cheap points he won was faulty).

·
Registered
14,444 Posts
Djokovic was quite good in this one and he had to be to win with how Isner played. Didn't expect that coming off his first 2 matches. His tournament to lose now.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
55,289 Posts
Good chance to reach finals and defend his title now with Nishikori out and such a slow surface. I don't see Murray giving him too much trouble - it'd be like so many of the matches they've played with Murray fading after good resistance early on.

·
Premium Member
5,073 Posts
Isner had more winners rhan Djokovic :haha:

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Novaks serving masterclass ruined @masterclass;).
Well done King Nole:hearts:

1 - 20 of 53 Posts