Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gillou :rocker2:

The scoreline flatters Stan.

Reactions: Filo V.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Indian Wells R3: Simon def. Wawrinka 6-4 6-4

Match got a bit interesting in the second set when Wawrinka started hitting out without inhibition after falling behind a double break at 1-*4, but overall way too many errors from Stan to win the match, he received treatment for a lower back/upper leg issue at 1-*2 in the second set. Simon was decent, served well and didn't have to get out of his comfort zone too much. Stan couldn't consistently find a way to finish points off without errors. His serve bailed him out for most of the match, and he saved a handful of match points down *1-5 in the second set with winning serves/aces, but Simon was overall too solid on the day.

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
Should have been 6-4 6-1 (Gillous had 3 match points at 5-1) but good solid win, much better from the bulge king.

·
Banned
10,825 Posts
I wish I pummeled Wawrinka ...

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
f*** im really disappointing with this result.
Stan.. so much talent wasted...

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Got a tad nerve wracking late in the 2nd, but Simon held easily at 5*-4 to end any possibility for a crazy comeback.

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
I wish I pummeled Wawrinka ...
me too, though i'd like to pummel simon more ;)

anyway, gilles was the far more steady player and once he got going was in control of the match. stan grabbed a couple of games back at the end when hitting freely thinking he had already lost.

i'll take a 4th round, but with isner not murray as the next opponent cant help but feel this is a chance to go deeper.

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
Gillou, keep it up- I think he can beat anyone in this quarter if he's solid enough.

·
Registered
70,519 Posts
gillou :bowdown: good luck in R4

·
Banned
10,825 Posts

·
Tsonga,Djokovic
1,982 Posts
Gillou :cheerleader::yeah:

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
I love Stan's game when he is playing well. Unfortunately, however, that is not often enough. He can be so erratic! A real wasted talent. If the other top French players had Simon's attitude, they could win some tournaments. Gilles has the brains, the other's: Monfils, Tsonga and Gasquet, the talent.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts