Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tough match but too bad it ended with Giraldo playing an absolute stinker of a TB.

El Cabezon didn't do anything too stupid, the classic over the top celebration.

·
Banned
168 Posts
Almugro acting like a gorilla out there when all he did was push in the tb :eek: Pretty annoyed at Santi out there, he shows time and time again that he has the game to be scary good if he just had a brain :stupid:

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
Giraldo improved lately but he is useless in tight situations anyway. Some bad habits never changes. In the final tie-break he was done basically after the first point in which Almagro didn't do anything except pushing everything. Before a final set tie-break Giraldo's chance of winning it are around 20-30 %.

·
Registered
59,021 Posts
I love Almagro's overemotion. Tennis needs more of that.
Shockingly decent match other than terrible Almagro returning (he won 90% of neutral rallies, served great, but that service line flat return is a disaster)
And yes, hot gf.

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Haha, nice to see El Cabezon is winning off the court as well.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Don't you guys hate it when english speaking commentators are overdoing the spanish pronunciation? "almagrrrrro"

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
Don't you guys hate it when english speaking commentators are overdoing the spanish pronunciation? "almagrrrrro"
Do they know how to pronounce correctly? Giraldo is constantly pronounced incorrectly by umpires and commentators, with "French manner" instead of the Spanish one :eek:

·
Your visions will happen
48,513 Posts

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
She has a thing for potato heads.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Do they know how to pronounce correctly? Giraldo is constantly pronounced incorrectly by umpires and commentators, with "French manner" instead of the Spanish one :eek:
True that. BTW, don't I owe you some Edberg tie break results from the 80s, Voo?

·
♤23♤
32,996 Posts
My friend and I often talked about how the commentators always pronounce Giraldo wrong, and that friend of mine is a radio director of a sports show and when he was talking about some results he also pronounced it with a "French manner", which of course he got laughed at for, but probably only by me. I guess it just gets into your ear after you hear it like that a lot of times.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts